Jackie

Started by Gold Trumpet, April 14, 2010, 04:07:20 AM

Gold Trumpet

Darren Aronofsky Directing Rachel Weisz as Jackie Kennedy

April 14, 2010
Source: EW.com
by Alex Billington
Rachel Weisz as Jackie Kennedy

Apparently there's more to this story than we first thought. Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Rachel Weisz will be playing the late First Lady Jackie Kennedy in a new project titled simply Jackie that's about the immediate days following President Kennedy's assassination in 1963. You may remember hearing about this recently when it was reported that Steven Spielberg was shopping around this spec script, written by Noah Oppenheim, but Spielberg isn't involved. EW says "that is not correct and Spielberg is not involved in any way." Instead, they say Weisz' husband Darren Aronofsky will direct and produce the film. Whoa!

EW says that Protozoa Pictures (Aronofsky's company) is developing along with Scott Franklin. The project is currently being shopped around to major studios, which makes me wonder if Aronofsky just put his name down as a director to attract interest, not as a sure sign that he will be directing this. The story focuses on the four days between the assassination and his burial, "showing the beloved [Jackie] Kennedy at both her most vulnerable and her most graceful." If the script is good enough to get both Rachel Weisz and Darren Aronofsky involved, it must be incredible. No matter what Aronofsky directs, I'm interested, so I'm excited to see him take a project like this, especially with Wiesz, who I'm sure will deliver a powerful performance.

As we know, Darren is currently in post-production on Black Swan, the crazy ballet thriller starring Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. It's hard to tell which film will be Aronofsky's next (RoboCop? Serena?) but we'll be sure to keep you updated on all things Aronofsky as well as all things Jackie. Thoughts on this project?

Pubrick

darren aronofsky: still committed to making rachel weisz happen.

and..

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on April 14, 2010, 04:07:20 AM
Black Swan, the crazy ballet thriller

hahaha, i hope that's how they market it. best tagline ever.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

EXCLUSIVE: Rachel Weisz Says Darren Aronofsky's 'Jackie' Is 'Not A Biopic'
Source: MTV

A couple of weeks ago it was reported that Rachel Weisz would be re-teaming with "The Fountain" director (also, her real-life husband) Darren Aronofsky on "Jackie," from TV producer Noah Oppenheim. We learned from the original report that the story would follow Weisz as First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis in the aftermath of President John F. Kennedy's assassination.

And that's it. Not a whole lot of detail there. Lucky for us, MTV's Josh Horowitz spoke with Weisz recently about her upcoming summer release "Agora" and he got her to reveal a few details about the project and how she intends to tackle the challenge of playing such an iconic individual.

"It's a very beautiful script," she said. "I think it's the four or five days after the assassination and how [Jackie] deals with the assassination and the funeral. It's not a biopic. Its about that short period of time. I'm thrilled at the idea of working with [Aronofsky] again."

Weisz has certainly played her share of memorable characters. She won a Best Actress Oscar for her performance in "The Constant Gardener" of course, and she further distinguished herself as a key player in other films, like "Enemy at the Gates," the "Mummy" series, "Sunshine" and, of course, "The Fountain." That said, Jackie Kennedy is arguably the biggest figure yet for the actress.

For her part, Weisz is feeling equal parts worry and excitement over the prospect of taking on such a meaty role. It's "the best way to do any job," she explained. "Fear is part of it all. I need fear. Fear and excitement."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on May 04, 2010, 10:46:07 AM
She won a Best Actress Oscar for her performance in "The Constant Gardener" of course

no she didn't. she won supporting.

MTV used to have the best scoops, looks like their online reporting has gone the way of their music coverage.. to hell, of course.
under the paving stones.