Dinner For Schmucks

Started by MacGuffin, April 09, 2010, 05:48:42 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: July 23rd, 2010 (wide)

Starring: Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, Lucy Punch, Zach Galifianakis, Stephanie Szostak 

Directed by: Jay Roach 

Premise: Tim, is an up-and-coming executive who has just received his first invitation to the "dinner for idiots," a monthly event hosted by his boss that promises bragging rights to the exec that shows up with the biggest buffoon.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pas

Argh what an ugly poster. The french original (Diner de cons) is one of my favorite movies but this looks pretty lame

Ravi

I refuse to see this because of the creepy Carell Eye on the poster.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

From all that I've heard, it couldn't be worse than the actual movie.
My house, my rules, my coffee

SiliasRuby

This is a surprising Gem of a comedy. I do not care what anyone says. I laughed my ass off and felt the emotional payoff of the film. I was happy through and it warmed my heart. Yes, there were some cheesy moments but the comedic talent in this film is undisputed. They really know how to bring the absurd and ridiculous. I smiled throughout. Definitely gong to be pick this up maybe in the 6 month mark of this year. Did anyone else notice that I've cut down my DVD buys as of 2012?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

O.

Nothing wrong with this film. It's a guilty pleasure. It's not memorable or compelling enough to watch it with some sort of frequency, and I'm sure I'll forget it existed after a while.
superb