Crazy Heart

Started by MacGuffin, December 14, 2009, 11:38:07 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: December 16th, 2009 (limited)

Starring: Jeff Bridges, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Robert Duvall, James Keane, Anna Felix

Directed by: Scott Cooper 

Premise: Bad Blake is a broken-down, hard-living country music singer who's had way too many marriages, far too many years on the road and one too many drinks way too many times. And yet, Bad can't help but reach for salvation with the help of Jean, a journalist who discovers the real man behind the musician.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Jeff Bridges is always pretty great. I really wanna see this. I hope it's actually good and not just something Fox Searchlight is throwing everything they have behind since all their other contenders this year were bombs.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

jonas

Berardinelli says Jeff Bridges gives the "best male performance of 2009". Movie itself only gets 3/4 stars.

Review here: http://www.reelviews.net/php_review_template.php?identifier=1928

I definitely want to see this, I've always been a huge Jeff Bridges fan and I've heard nothing but great things.

:bravo:
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

pete

best hookup scene in a long time.  movie's good but not memorable.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

As Bad Blake's character arcs, the story starts to get a little contrived. But you can overlook those scenes because Bridges is just great to watch as this character. Not a fan of country music, but the songs were catchy and poignant.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

*vague spoils*

i think this movie would've been 1000x more powerful minus the final scene. it ends perfectly and then it tacks on this bullshit definitive closure scene... bridges very much deserved the win though.

RegularKarate

Agreed, Pic, but I forgive it.
The movie made me think the book must be really awful, but man, Bridges is so fuckin great in it and the music is pretty damned good too.

Made me really want to drink and smoke.

Kellen

bridges was great in it other than that i thought it was average.