quiz show

Started by Rudie Obias, April 09, 2003, 03:46:40 PM

Rudie Obias

any thoughts?  opinions?
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

ShanghaiOrange

Martin Scorcese's second best acting role. :(

Great movie. John Tuturro is awesome. The Boston investigator was pretty annoying though. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Ghostboy

I haven't seen it since  it first came out on video, but I remember it being excellent. Also excellent is the documentary about the real Quiz Show scandal....quite compelling...thrilling, even.

bonanzataz

i like this movie.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sphinx

fantastic film.  i recall a thread on the old boards i started about this film, good to see things are perpetuating themselves

ProgWRX

I always watch it whenever i catch it on tv...
8)
-Carlos

joeybdot

John Tuturro was Excellent in the film. In Fact i just watched it yesterday on DVD

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ProgWRXI always watch it whenever i catch it on tv...
8)

I have a bunch of DVDs I havent watched since I bought them, but if the movie pops up while channel surfing Ill watch it.

ProgWRX

haha i thought i was the only one guilty of that!!

my family ALWAYS gives me shit about it too...  "why are you watching _______ , you have it on dvd"  "so?"  "but you NEVER watch it on DVD" "its different"

:-D
-Carlos