Mammoth

Started by MacGuffin, October 29, 2009, 01:20:57 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release date: November 20th, 2009

Cast: Gael Garcia Bernal, Michelle Williams

Director: Lukas Moodysson

Premise: The internationally-acclaimed director of TOGETHER and LILJA 4-EVER, Lukas Moodysson, presents a globe-spanning, modern family drama in MAMMOTH. Gael García Bernal and Oscar®-nominee Michelle Williams star in a story of about the rippling effects of life's smallest choices, and the epic ironies that bind us all together. MAMMOTH follows a young New York family that has stumbled into a world of money and big decisions.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

they're gonna get so pissed when they see Babel.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ono

Even still, synopses suck (as do trailers which make it seem like there are no original stories anymore).  I'm kind of excited for this one (if it ever plays here).  Come to think of it, Lilja (Oksana Akinshina gehsundheit) did look a bit like Michelle Williams, too.  (I like parentheses and irregular plurals.)

pete

they're gonna get so pissed when they see Babel.

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 29, 2009, 01:20:57 AM
in a story of about the rippling effects of life's smallest choices, and the epic ironies that bind us all together.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Alexandro

I wasn't a fan of Lila 4 ever so anything from this guy I approach it with reluctance. Anyway, Babel similarities and all, Iñarritu and Moodysoon are like two different planets and at the very least the film will be interesting.

Stefen

Michelle Williams is one of those people who seems to always pick really interesting scripts. They may not always be good movies, but she always picks interesting scripts. One thing you can't call her filmography is boring and predictable.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Quote from: Stefen on October 30, 2009, 02:32:14 AM
Michelle Williams is one of those people who seems to always pick really interesting scripts. They may not always be good movies, but she always picks interesting scripts. One thing you can't call her filmography is boring and predictable.

I agree.  I just netflixed "Me Without You" because my girlfriend hadn't seen it, and it really reminded me of how great she can be.
My house, my rules, my coffee