The Expendables

Started by MacGuffin, October 13, 2009, 10:28:09 PM

MacGuffin

Promo Trailer

Release Date: April 23rd, 2010 (wide)

Starring: Jet Li, Jason Statham, Sylvester Stallone

Directed by: Sylvester Stallone

Premise: Action fans will salivate over the power-packed cast of this film from actor-director Sylvester Stallone. The RAMBO star also takes a role in front of the camera, as do Jet Li and Jason Statham. THE EXPENDABLES' plot centers on a group of mercenaries who are hired to get rid of a South American dictator.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

That link doesn't work in the states for some reason, but I've already seen the trailer (unless this is a different one) and spent a good half hour talking about this with a group of people a couple weeks ago. 

It's one of those things where you start talking about it and more and more people join in.  It's got so much ridiculous going for it, it's fascinating.  Can't wait.

SiliasRuby

A B movie version of 'Rambo' and 'Ocean's 11'...Yeah baby, yeah. This looks like the ultimate action flick. Something every asshole can enjoy.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

B.C. Long

If you take away all the big action stars you just have a run of the mill direct to video action film. Nothing about this besides pairing up this cast seems even remotely interesting.

Stefen

Also, it looks pretty fucking terrible.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

This trailer reminds me of spoof action movie trailers that other movies will feature in their storyline. Even the cheap and dirt poor look to the production reaks of those spoof movie trailers. That being said, I could enjoy this but I don't care to build up any expectation. It reminds me of how I was able to enjoy the Condemned, but only could do so until waiting to see it on TV and being bored enough to be interested. The Expendables is going to have to find me on a boring night in a few years to make me even somewhat interested.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pas

For these kind of things to work it has to be honest, so I hope this is not some tongue-in-cheek shit or worst yet a 2009 Snakes-on-a-plane thing.

If the real thing looks as much of a joke as this trailer but it isn't a joke, it could be great. Pretty sure it will be self-aware bullshit tho

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

I feel a red band trailer is in order for me to really give a shit about this.

It worked for the last rambo.

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

modage

Quote from: squints on March 31, 2010, 06:11:29 PM
I feel a red band trailer is in order for me to really give a shit about this.
How about this instead?

(everyone watch this.)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

That made me NOT want to see the movie.

Stefen

I thought this came out last year?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

It looks like a trailer that Mel Gibson might have cut.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Ravi

Quote from: RegularKarate on July 13, 2010, 01:28:31 PM
That made me NOT want to see the movie.

I still want to see it.  Does this make me a douchebag?