Black Dynamite

Started by MacGuffin, September 09, 2009, 04:34:54 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: October 16th, 2009 (limited) 

Starring: Michael Jai White, Byron Minns, Jimmy Walker Jr, Tommy Davidson, Salli Richardson-Whitfield

Directed by: Scott Sanders 

Premise: Black Dynamite: a gun-toting, nunchuck-wielding, ladies man and soul brother. When "The Man" murders his brother, pumps heroin into local orphanages, and floods the ghetto with adulterated malt liquor, Black Dynamite is the one hero willing to fight all the way from the blood-soaked city streets to the hallowed halls of the Honky House.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Finally, I've been wanting to see this for such a long time
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

SiliasRuby

Wow, what a lot of fun. This was what grind house really shot for but necessarily didn't achieve. Kudos to the person who made the soundtrack. You'll see plenty of character actors and 'what's his faces'. The best one of these cameos is Arsenio Hall. Michael Jai White truly makes this role his own at the same time giving tribute to men like Fred Williamson and Richard Roundtree. Its really hilarious and the finale is outrageous.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

squints

Has anyone seen this? I think i've watched it a dozen times. Its insanely quotable and if you're even a mild fan of blaxploitation movies you'll dig this. The send up of dolemite (BULL HORN!) is fucking great. I love this movie so much.

"Use kung fu when he want to, has sex when he PLEASE!"
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche