Haywire

Started by MacGuffin, September 07, 2009, 02:17:17 AM

MacGuffin

Pair set for 'Knockout'
Banderas, Paxton join Soderbergh film
Source: Variety

Antonio Banderas and Bill Paxton are joining the cast of Steven Soderbergh's action-thriller "Knockout" opposite martial arts champ Gina Carano.

Ewan McGregor and Michael Fassbender have been announced previously as cast members.

Relativity Media's fully financing with Lionsgate distributing domestically and representing the film internationally. Gregory Jacobs and Ryan Kavanaugh are producing with Tucker Tooley exex producing.

"Knockout" marks the screen starring debut of Carano, portraying a top-level private security operative who's convinced she's been betrayed by her boss and the government and goes on the run to prove her suspicions are true.

Paxton will portray her father and Banderas will play a foreign operative drawn into the mission of revenge.

Script was written by Lem Dobbs, who previously worked with Soderbergh on "The Limey" and "Kafka."

Soderbergh's most recent project was "The Informant."

Banderas recently completed "The Big Bang" and "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger. Paxton's in his fourth season on "Big Love."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Movietickets.com is reporting that Steven Soderbergh's Haywire (formerly Knockout) is getting a one-week booking at Manhattan's AMC Empire starting on Friday, 10.15. Presumably it'll begin showing the same day in some Los Angeles-area theatre also.

Lionsgate apparently intends to release the espionage action-thriller in January 2011. I don't know what the point of a low-profile sneak booking would be. All I can imagine is that someone at Lionsgate believes that Haywire may be Oscar-worthy. Directed by Soderbergh with a screenplay by Lem Dobbs, it stars Gina Carano, Michael Douglas, Ewan McGregor, Antonio Banderas, Bill Paxton, Channing Tatum and...

http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2010/10/haywire_soon.php

HOLY SHIT!  I am definitely going to this.  BUT this is the theatre with bed bugs!   :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Just throw your clothes in the dryer as soon as you get home. Worth the risk!
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Now he deleted the story and said AMC is calling it a computer error.  But you can still buy tix.  This is a mystery for ThePlaylist. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

polkablues

Yeah, I would bang that movie.

Pozer

looks like a digital straight to video piece of shit! this and Outbreak 2 = sodonebergh indeed.

©brad

Quote from: polkablues on July 22, 2011, 05:18:49 PM

Totes. The fighting looks pretty intense but I'll let Pete be the judge on that. I am loving Soderbergh's decision to keep the camera off his shoulder and not go all Greengrass handheld crazy on us . It feels refreshingly composed and Fincherian. Can't wait.

Stefen

Gina Carano is a dime piece. A straight 10. Just a ridiculously gorgeous woman.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

what did I tell ya? what did I tell ya?
Special forces who MMA and parkour are our new super heroes.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

Quote from: S.R. on July 22, 2011, 06:28:46 PM

If the movie was just this gif repeated for two hours, I would still pay to see it on the big screen.

The Perineum Falcon

A new av, perhaps?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

polkablues

Can't accuse me of not knowing a good idea when I hear it.

MacGuffin

Quote from: polkablues on July 22, 2011, 05:18:49 PM

You're getting married. Don't fuck that trailer, Polka.

Skeleton FilmWorks