Haywire

Started by MacGuffin, September 07, 2009, 02:17:17 AM

socketlevel

maybe I'm a nerd, but my crush is on the fact it's the 3rd Lem dobbs collaboration.
the one last hit that spent you...

RegularKarate

I think she's cute and the movie looks fun, but can she act?  What little that's shown in the trailer makes her look wooden as shit.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel

Watch Gina Carano

Nothing to do with Haywire, but funny...hot

SiliasRuby

this is an interesting piece of action. economical and tight, it was a fun hour and a half. Although the stars come out again for something that has them not doing much. I guess it isn't THAT different from other action films other than it has gina carano showing her awesome shit. Something to see at 4AM on a tuesday night.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

Quote from: SiliasRuby on May 11, 2012, 02:55:52 AM
Something to see at 4AM on a tuesday night.

So.. Wednesday morning?
under the paving stones.

©brad

Movie itself was pretty boring but the fight scenes were excellent. I wish more directors (I'm looking at you Mr. Nolan*) would take this approach of mounting the camera and letting fights happen in the wide. You can actually tell what the fuck is going on and they are so much more intense and visceral. I didn't like the upbeat David Holmes score here, it made for a tone that was all over the place. I'm as big an admirer of Soderbergh as anyone but his movies feel like experiments that you appreciate solely on a technical, film school level.

*Oh man now I'm really gonna piss Mod off.