Let Me In

Started by MacGuffin, June 21, 2009, 09:41:57 PM

picolas

i don't think psh is above doing a smaller part in a movie he believes in. that's all he used to do.

theplaylist has reported it as fake news, though.

modage

I'm so torn on remakes recently. I know they're terrible but some of them sound interesting to me! David Cronenberg remaking The Fly (again)! How can that not at least pique my curiosity? David Gordon Green (MAYBE) doing Susprira (MAYBE) with Natalie Portman! And this one, the original was perfect! But maybe we could make it more perfect by not having to find the blu-ray with English theatrical subtitles because there ARE no subtitles.  (Also: I contacted Magnet and the Blu-ray with theatrical subtitles does not exist. Only the DVD. There is no release plan for a corrected Blu-ray at this time :( )
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Wow. I can't believe I forgot about one of the main roles, that of Eli's caretaker, the guy who gets her her blood. If that's who Phil Hoffman is being rumored as, then, best. casting. ever.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

picolas

Quote from: Stefen on September 24, 2009, 04:14:56 PM
Wow. I can't believe I forgot about one of the main roles, that of Eli's caretaker, the guy who gets her her blood. If that's who Phil Hoffman is being rumored as, then, best. casting. ever.
Lacke!!

Stefen

Yeah, him too. Wow, I forgot about all the adult characters. haha.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

picolas

Allow The Correct Individual To Gain Access To Your Facilities

RegularKarate

Just heard from an inside source that this is now going to be called "The Littlest Vampire"

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: RegularKarate on September 24, 2009, 05:09:25 PM
Just heard from an inside source that this is now going to be called "The Littlest Vampire"
Really?

How could they possibly replace Jonathan Lipnicki?!

And, honestly, I think the title would be a little misleading, cause I don't think vampires can get any smaller than this.
Already, this has a lot to live up to.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

MacGuffin

Overture Announces Cast for Let Me In
Source: ShockTillYouDrop

Overture Films has issued a press release confirming the official cast members of Matt Reeves Let Me In, the remake of Tomas Alfredson's beloved Let The Right One In. (That Fish Head title seriously has to be just a shooting title)

Kodi Smit-McPhee, Chloe Moretz and OscarĀ®-nominee Richard Jenkins (The Kingdom) will headline the cast of Let Me In, when principal photography begins this fall in New Mexico. The announcement was made today by Hammer Films Co-CEO's Simon Oakes and Nigel Sinclair, as well as Overture Films CEO Chris McGurk and COO Danny Rosett.

Director Reeves (Cloverfield) has cast Smit-McPhee (The Road) and Moretz ((500) Days of Summer) in the two lead adolescent roles of Owen and Abby for the eagerly awaited horror feature. Jenkins will play the lead adult character known as Hakan in the original film.

Based on the bestselling Swedish novel, Lat den Ratte Komma In, by Swedish author John Ajvide Lindqvist, Let Me In is a contemporary vampire tale about a young boy who befriends a girl new to his neighborhood.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

I'm okay with that casting but wasn't the little boy from The Road that is cast in this a handful? I remember there being issues with him.

MacGuffin

Let the Right One In Remake Rolls Cameras
Source: ShockTillYouDrop

Here we go... Overture Films and Hammer Films announced cameras are officially rolling on Let Me In, an American remake of Tomas Alfredson's Swedish vampire film Let the Right One In and a new take on the novel "Lat den Ratte Komma In," by Swedish author John Ajvide Lindqvist,

Writer-director Matt Reeves (Cloverfield) is lensing in New Mexico with young stars Kodi Smit-McPhee (The Road) and Chloe Moretz ((500) Days of Summer) were among those on-set as filming commenced at Albuquerque Studios.

McPhee will play the alienated 12-year-old boy who befriends a mysterious young newcomer (*cough* vampire *cough*), played by Moretz, in his small New Mexico town and discovers an "unconventional path to adulthood."

The filmmakers note that while the new film will pay respect to the original Swedish version, they intend to forge a unique identity for Let Me In, placing it firmly in an American context.

"This project is very personal to Matt as it is to the many passionate fans of the original story," says Simon Oakes, President and CEO of Hammer Films. "The brilliance of that story deserves to be seen by audiences on a wide scale and we are excited that the pieces are in place to make that a reality."

Elias Koteas, Cara Buono, Sasha Barrese, Richard Jenkins also star.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

brockly

picolas