The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Started by MacGuffin, June 02, 2009, 12:39:28 AM

MacGuffin

Teaser Trailer here.

Release Date: November 20th, 2009 (wide)

Starring: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Dakota Fanning, Chaske Spencer

Directed by: Chris Weitz 

Premise: Bella Swan is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love, Edward Cullen, but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black. Suddenly she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and finds her loyalties tested.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

I can't wait for this. 

Twilight is so gloriously bad.  I hope this leaks... I have to be able to watch it with friends where we can make fun of it... also I would never pay for this shit.

MacGuffin

Thom Yorke in Talks for 'New Moon' Soundtrack?!?
by Jessica Barnes; Cinematical

Some things just go together like peanut butter and jelly, right? Well how about Radiohead front-man Thom Yorke and the vampire romance, New Moon? According to an interview with Rotten Tomatoes, Moon's director Chris Weitz spilled details about his plans for the music, and while Weitz will be working again with his Golden Compass composer Alexandre Desplat on the score, rumors have started to pop up about what's in store for the soundtrack. A few weeks back there was talk that Coldplay and Kelly Clarkson would be contributing to the official soundtrack, but music snobs out there might want to hold on to their hat because Weitz now tells RT the following: "I am surprised at some of the bands that have said they're interested. It's kind of great. The criterion will still always be what's right for the movie at that given moment, but Thom Yorke is interested; we might, if we're very lucky, get Kings of Leon to do something... "

Now you might remember that Yorke provided the track for Radiohead's 15 Step to play over Twilight's closing credits, but I wonder if Yorke does sign on, will he be creating something original, or just hand over the rights to another one of his songs? We will have to wait and see, because neither Leon or Yorke have confirmed their involvement with the soundtrack, and like so much of the news surrounding New Moon, the rumors are running wild. But Yorke's spokesperson tells MTV that they were, "not denying [the story], but there's nothing confirmed as yet" and Kings of Leon's spokesperson told MTV "They like the film a lot, but it's a little too early to tell if they can be involved."

So why would a band like Kings of Leon or a certified hipster-saint like Yorke want in on one of the goofiest phenomenons to hit pop culture in a long time? Well, one school of thought is that it's a way to earn fans, like the alt-rock band Paramore, who went from obscurity to best sellers for their contributions to the first film's soundtrack. Or if you want to be cynical about it, maybe Yorke and Kings of Leon are just looking to earn themselves a big fat paycheck -- though something tells me that Kings of Leon and Yorke aren't hurting for the money or the fame, which only leaves me with one horrifying thought: maybe they're just Twi-hards...
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Lakeshore teen bitten in the neck after watching Twilight movie

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WZZM) - A teenager watching the vampire movie "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" at a Norton Shores theater was bitten on the neck by another movie-goer from the row behind her.

The 17-year-old girl was watching the teen vampire romance movie with another friend when she says a man behind them started making sexual comments to them. 

After the movie was over, the man allegedly bit the girl on the neck.  The bite did not break the girl's skin.

The suspect is described as a white male with short, dark spiky hair and is believed to be approximately 45 years old and 5 feet tall.  He was wearing a brown corduroy jacket and jeans at the time and was described as being unshaven.

Anyone with information is asked to call Norton Shores Police at (231) 733-2691, 911 or Silent Observer at (231) 72-CRIME.  The incident happened at around 8:30 p.m. on Friday night, November 20.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 24, 2009, 02:34:32 PM
Lakeshore teen bitten in the neck after watching Twilight movie

The suspect is described as a white male with short, dark spiky hair and is believed to be approximately 45 years old and 5 feet tall.  He was wearing a brown corduroy jacket and jeans at the time and was described as being unshaven.

polkablues

Thank you for that, Stefen.  I almost peed.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

UPDATE: Girl Was Not Bitten by Pervert at 'New Moon' Screening
by Monika Bartyzel; Cinematical

This is a tale of the girl who cried wolf vampire...

TMZ is reporting that the 17-year-old girl who claimed that a fellow moviegoer bit her neck while exiting a screening of New Moon was, as they put it, "lying through her teeth." Erin Westrate gave police her story of the so-called bite, but a witness came forward to say that they saw her leave the theater and saw no biting. After grilling the teen, she confessed: "the alleged culprit was simply kissing her on the neck at the time and she was a 'willing participant.'" What possessed her to make up this extravagant lie is beyond me. Is she an English literature fiend who wanted to play on the never-cry-wolf idea after a movie with wolves and vamps?

Detective Lieutenant Timothy LaVigne says that the teen could now face criminal charges, and if this is all true and she did lie -- I say bring her down. Women have a tough enough time as it is when they are assaulted, crying wolf doesn't help matters.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Gold Trumpet

OK, this made me laugh and it's a pretty good summation of Twilight. Worth reading.

http://theoatmeal.com/story/twilight

children with angels

So did anyone see this? If you did, you might know what I'm referring to when I say the film title Face Punch. I've written a piece on this absolutely brilliantly stupid element of the movie here, if anyone's interested:

http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/2010/01/twilight-new-moon-and-joys-of-face.html

"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

matt35mm

Both of those titles are FUCKING GENIUS.  I wish I could've put them in a movie first.