The Man From Earth

Started by Neil, April 19, 2009, 02:56:15 PM

Neil

Conceptually the way my friend introduced this to me, and it sounded awesome.  I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it?

here is the premise a la fandango tell me what you guys think, or has no one heard of this?

In the tradition of such psychologically-charged sci-fi outings as The Next One (1982) and K-PAX (2001) comes the cerebral science fiction opus The Man From Earth (2007). The story concerns Professor John Oldman, a scientist who summons a group of associates to a cabin one freezing night, and strikes them with a fantastic revelation: he is not a traditional human, but a 14,000 year-old immortal, who has survived centuries of evolution from the Cro-Magnon Era to the present. In the hours to follow, Professor Oldman's earth-shaking assertion about himself challenges the men on spiritual, scientific and historical levels. But the most incredible is yet to come - an even more astonishing truth in which the men's discussions culminate. ~ Nathan Southern, All Movie Guide

basically, with all the other stuff i've read, this gets really intense, and pretty much deals with all the things we believe and how hard it is to let go of them...sort of the same premise that plato's allegory of the cave deals with....
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.