Sunshine Cleaning

Started by MacGuffin, February 12, 2009, 02:06:50 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: March 13th, 2009 

Starring: Amy Adams, Emily Blunt, Alan Arkin, Steve Zahn, Clifton Collins Jr 

Directed by: Christine Jeffs (Sylvia)

Premise: In order to raise the tuition to send her young son to private school, a mom starts an unusual business -- a biohazard removal/crime scene clean-up service -- with her unreliable sister.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

Saw this trailer before christmas. Looks like an enjoyable enough movie. I'd like to see it. I though Emily Blunt was great in Prada.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

I'll watch anything Clifton Collins is in. The guys one of the most underrated actors making movies today.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gamblour.

It's a little weird/embarrassing that the people who brought us Little Miss Sunshine brought us another film with the word "sunshine" in the title.
WWPTAD?

Kal

Quote from: Gamblour. on February 12, 2009, 10:25:18 AM
It's a little weird/embarrassing that the people who brought us Little Miss Sunshine brought us another film with the word "sunshine" in the title.

Why? They're a small company and that was a big ticket to the Oscars, not to mention loads of money. Besides they had this one in production for quite some time. I think they should do as many Sunshine movies as they can  :yabbse-grin:

MacGuffin

Don't be mislead. It's not a light-hearted comedy. This is nothing like Little Miss Sunshine. Okay, well except for Arkin's role, who gives the almost exact same speech about being different; this time to his grandson. I felt one step ahead of the characters, especially Adams's, who gives a great performance as she always does. Blunt is also always worth watching, and her character is more interesting. But it does fully feel fleshed out. It's a great cast, but you feel like your waiting for each scene to play to get to the next arc point for the characters.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks