Observe and Report

Started by picolas, February 07, 2009, 06:09:34 PM

picolas

R trailer:

this trailer looks so tantalizingly odd in some parts and not funny in others.. really could go either way. excellent use of whatever song that is, though.

SiliasRuby

This is going to fantastic shit, so excited.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

yeah that looks super dark.  can it be good?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

I'm getting a bit of a Bad Santa vibe, but without that sweet aftertaste that Bad Santa had hidden deep down.  I'm a little bothered by what we see of Anna Faris' performance; she seems to be going way broader than everyone else.  All in all, looks good, but it's no Paul Blart.
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

I love anna farris.  when are they gonna let her do a real movie?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

SiliasRuby

This, from the look of it, looks like a real one.

My Collection

RegularKarate

I think there was promise shown in Foot Fist Way and East Bound and Down looks great too.

I've got my fingers crossed for this one.

polkablues

Seth Rogen gives good voice-over.  I'm impressed.
My house, my rules, my coffee

hedwig

this looks great. gives me Falling Down vibes. i'm excited.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

I loved that song at the end of the trailer. Its called 'the man', its by a band called Patto. A little known 1970's band that only put out 3 albums. I got the album with their single, had to get it on ebay since its an import. They also have it on amazon but you have to import there. Its a great 6 minute song.

My Collection

bigperm

I saw this last night absolutely loved it.  Weird, a little sad, kinda beautiful in a very bizarre way and absolutely funny as hell.  Helped seeing it with a charged crowd, but again I thought it was great. 

Safe As Milk

Kal

Quote from: bigperm on March 17, 2009, 08:41:36 AM
I saw this last night absolutely loved it.  Weird, a little sad, kinda beautiful in a very bizarre way and absolutely funny as hell.  Helped seeing it with a charged crowd, but again I thought it was great. 

I just ran into Seth Rogen in the elevator. He was on his way to a panel they're doing here about the movie with Danny McBride and Anna Faris. I could not go see this yesterday here but I'm really looking forward to it. This guy is so awesome I wanted to hug him.

bigperm

he was very funny during the q & a after the movie.
Safe As Milk

SiliasRuby

This is my favorite movie of the year so far, hands down. Saw the midnight screening last night and I couldn't sleep because of how invigorated I felt afterwards. Ever review that I've been reading about this, negative or positive, has mentioned the comparisons between 'Taxi Driver' and this film. But I see this as a more comedic and violent 'king of comedy'. Those of you who have seen 'king of comedy' know what you are in for. There are plenty of awkward moments and embaressing scenes that work in the best way. This comedy has balls. Now, I usually don't go to comedies in the theatre twice but I am going again possibly today. Seth Rogen has strayed a bit from the mainstream here and you'll see some really sad, fucked up shit happen to him. He plays a really delusional human being. At the end you feel really like his idea of destruction is fully realized.

My Collection