Funny People

Started by modage, November 13, 2008, 03:47:46 PM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

edison

Seth looks like Sean Astin

"the third film" bit reminds me of Tarantino.....i hate it

john

Quote from: edison on November 13, 2008, 05:00:24 PM
"the third film" bit reminds me of Tarantino.....i hate it

Yeah, it seems a bit silly.

I wonder if it's just to give it feel a bit more eventful for the average moviegoer who already assumes Judd Apatow directed Pineapple Express, Walk Hard, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and fifteen other films in the last twelve months. I assume most people think he has something to do with Zack & Miri and Role Models and Sex Drive as well.

If you narrow it down, it adds a little currency to a name that's attached to fucking everything.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

MacGuffin

A Night of Funny People at the Orpheum Theatre
Source: Universal Studios

Universal Pictures, in association with The Improv Comedy Club, is presenting "A Night of Funny People" at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles on Tuesday, January 13, 2009. The details...

WHAT: "A Night of Funny People": a one-time-only comedy performance that will be filmed for use in Universal Pictures' upcoming Funny People, from writer/director/producer Judd Apatow. The film stars Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Leslie Mann, Eric Bana, Jonah Hill, Jason Schwartzman, RZA, Aubrey Plaza and Aziz Ansari.

WHO: Judd Apatow hosts, performing live as their characters in the film are Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and Aziz Ansari, as well as Patton Oswalt and other surprise special guests in the line-up.

WHERE: The Orpheum Theatre, 842 South Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90014.

WHEN: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 7:00 PM

Tickets are $20 and go on sale through Ticketmaster at 12 PM on Friday, December 19. Call (213) 480-3232 for tickets or go to Ticketmaster.com. Performances are for audience members over the age of 18.

WHY: The night will benefit the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and 826LA.

826LA is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting students ages 6 to 18 with their creative and expository writing skills, and to helping teachers inspire their students to write.

Funny People arrives in theaters nationwide on July 31, 2009.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

Quote from: MacGuffin on December 18, 2008, 11:39:27 AM
WHO: Judd Apatow hosts, performing live as their characters in the film are Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and Aziz Ansari, as well as Patton Oswalt and other surprise special guests in the line-up.

That sounds fucking amazing.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

You should go. Fuggin jergoff.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

edison

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Trailer

WARNING: This trailer appears to give the plot of the whole movie.

also warning: Sandler has a guitar.

New Feeling

with this and Basterds it's been a big week for probably great movies with pretty crappy trailers.  Trailer making really seems to be a lost art.

modage

it really does give away the whole movie!  i still think this will be good, unless it slides to the spanglish side of the james l. brooks scale.

Stefen

I think it looks great. REALLY GREAT.  :shock:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

picolas

trailer/movie, apparently spoilers

i really wish i'd seen RK's warning/gotten the link here... why didn't they just fuckin make it look like it was about him dying?? why show the next act??? WHY

Kal

Yeah I don't understand why they did this. I'm disappointed, especially because the whole thing looks great.

diggler

it's not just the trailer either, i've read plot synopsis elsewhere that states adam sandler has a "near death experience". hopefully the movie doesn't try to build up too much suspense in that regard.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty