Body Of Lies

Started by MacGuffin, July 17, 2008, 02:44:19 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: October 10th, 2008 (wide)

Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell Crowe, Carice van Houten, Vince Colosimo, Clara Khoury 

Directed by: Ridley Scott

Premise: A CIA operative, Roger Ferris, uncovers a lead on a major terrorist leader suspected to be operating out of Jordan. When Ferris devises a plan to infiltrate his network, he must first win the backing of cunning CIA veteran Ed Hoffman and the collegial, but perhaps suspect, head of Jordanian intelligence.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

Russel Crowe could have a good role here. If the film makes his role as comedic as the trailer indicates then it could be another avenue for him. I worry about DiCaprio because his performance here looks exactly like his one in The Departed. I thought he was limited as an actor, but I didn't think this limited.

cinemanarchist

I forgot everything about this movie as soon as the trailer ended. It's amazing how talking on a phone just isn't as exciting as it used to be. Damnit.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

xerxes

The theater I was in for Dark Knight screwed up and played this trailer twice before the movie. It looked just as uninteresting the second time.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on July 17, 2008, 06:46:17 PM
Russel Crowe could have a good role here. If the film makes his role as comedic as the trailer indicates then it could be another avenue for him. I worry about DiCaprio because his performance here looks exactly like his one in The Departed. I thought he was limited as an actor, but I didn't think this limited.
Don't even bother plunking down the money, you're going to hate it. The difference is that this time everyone here will feel it's mediocrity too. Sorry if that sounded a bit hostile but you've kinda gotten people a bit on edge ever since your tear down of TWBB and The Dark Knight.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

diggler

ridley should stop directing tony's movies
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

Yeah, I agree with Stefen. I saw this trailer at Tropic Thunder, and I actually forgot that it existed until I saw this thread. That was yesterday.

I hate everything about this movie.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Pozer

oh lighten up.  and you know you'll be seeing it.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: El Duderino on August 14, 2008, 08:36:24 PM
Yeah, I agree with Stefen. I saw this trailer at Tropic Thunder, and I actually forgot that it existed until I saw this thread. That was yesterday.

Am I being mistaken for Stefen now? It's good company to be in, but what the hell?
My assholeness knows no bounds.

El Duderino

Quote from: cinemanarchist on August 15, 2008, 11:17:10 PM
Quote from: El Duderino on August 14, 2008, 08:36:24 PM

Am I being mistaken for Stefen now? It's good company to be in, but what the hell?

I was probably high. My b.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Gamblour.

It's funny how Leo went from narrowly avoiding being typecast by Titanic to have a comeback with Marty only to become typecast as guy in boring cop thriller crap.
WWPTAD?

picolas

you have to ignore way too much of his career to think that.

Gamblour.

Quote from: picolas on August 25, 2008, 02:19:53 PM
you have to ignore way too much of his career to think that.

And we'd be better off, if you ask me.
WWPTAD?