Eagle Eye

Started by MacGuffin, May 21, 2008, 03:25:35 PM

MacGuffin

Teaser Trailer here.

Release Date: September 26th, 2008 (wide)

Starring: Shia LaBeouf, Michelle Monaghan, Rosario Dawson, Anthony Azizi, Billy Bob Thornton 

Directed by: D.J. Caruso (Disturbia)

Premise: A slacker and a single mother are framed as terrorists and forced to become members of a cell with plans to carry out a political assassination.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

I will not watch another film where the trailer/ poster displays its release date as a digital clock would.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Spoilers

Really a lot of rediculous fun. Say what you want about DJ Curuso (I thought Disturbia was decent but a complete rip off of Rear Window as we all know...which made me hate it) but damn can he make great action sequences. There were quite a few holy shit moments that I was amazed by. Anyway, the whole plot centers on the idea of what if a computer decided to run national security against terrorists for the whole united states and then decided to think independently like HAL from 2001. The whole twin brother part involving the story had me going "really?" So there were elements of North by North west, 2001, live free or die hard huge action sequences and a twin brothers idea really didn't think was believable but what do you expect? I just enjoyed the ride even though the end like most of curuso's films felt like everything was in a nice tidy bow at the end. Also, some of the dialogue was just plain terrible. I saw it in the cinerama dome (the only way to see it unless you have a kick ass home theater system at your place) before seeing religulous which I can't find a thread for...did I miss it somewhere...link....anyone?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

This was Enemy Of The State crossed with The Game if they were controlled by HAL with the voice of your OnStar operator. But before you say, "Wow, what a great concept," it doesn't quite live up to that pitch. If you have Big Brother paranoia, this will definitely make you more freaked. It's very plasible to be believe that you can be watched, listened to or controlled anywhere nowadays with our current technology, but the film still has implasiblities that keep it to nothing more than a popcorn flick. After it gets going, the pace is quick and tense, as are the action scenes.

Skeleton FilmWorks