The Band's Visit

Started by w/o horse, March 04, 2008, 06:54:16 PM

w/o horse

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/thebandsvisit/

A band comprised of members of the Egyptian police force head to Israel to play at the inaugural ceremony of an Arab arts center, only to find themselves lost in the wrong town.

IMDb hot review says:  A touching film about what makes us similar as humans.

The lady chose this one over City of Men for tonight.  I'm pretty excited.  Pretty sure it's going to be my first straight comedy from the Middle East.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

w/o horse

Very consistently funny and endearing with moments of true grief.  A smart script.  I was hooked into the characters and felt more for them than I have many other recent films.  Basically what happens is this small traveling Egyptian police orchestra has to stay overnight in the wrong city and are brought in by three locals and this becomes a portal into the lives of the policemen and the Israeli locals, and there's glimmers of destroyed somber spirits inside people who are trying to rebuild and move on.  Toughened, prideful faces show signs of suppression and unraveling pain.  Really touching and genuine.

I was a big fan.  My girlfriend, she said she felt like she watched a movie in which all that happened was a woman ate food and a man played a clarinet.  A couple walked out.  I guess this is because there's no real dramatic urgency to the film, which is what bores most people.  If you like intimate sketches of fractured lives, go see it, recommended definitely.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.