Step Brothers

Started by MacGuffin, February 27, 2008, 09:41:23 PM

MacGuffin

Step Brothers Sony, $28.96/$34.95; Blu-ray, $43.95

Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly play grown men forced to move in together when their respective mother and father get married, and while the premise is amusingly self-critical, the jokes are snappish and crude in the most predictable ways. The double-disc DVD and Blu-ray editions are more inspired, adding more than an hour of alternate scenes and a commentary track sung by director Adam McKay, Ferrell and Reilly over live Jon Brion accompaniment.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

I laughed my ass off. Literally. I'm typing this standing up because my ass was laughed off.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

It is really funny. The average Will Ferrell movie can make smile and laugh every so often, but I was in pain from laughing so hard over this one. Not any better than his other movies. Just has appropriate R rated material.

Stefen

This is indeed hilarious. For once, a funny idea actually doesn't get fucked up. The scene where they first meet at the dinner table had me dying. It was so subtle, but so funny. "I remember when I had my first beer."

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

Funny Funny Funny stuff. One of the best Will ferrel movies ever. This and anchorman I would recommend to people who haven't seen one of Will's films.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection