88 Minutes

Started by MacGuffin, January 24, 2008, 07:06:03 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: April 18th, 2008 (wide)

Starring: Al Pacino, Alicia Witt, Leelee Sobieski, Neal McDonough, Kristin Cavallari

Directed by: Jon Avnet 

Premise: Dr. Jack Gramm is a college professor who moonlights as a forensic psychiatrist for the FBI. When Gramm receives a death threat claiming he has only 88 minutes to live, he must use all his skills and training to narrow down the possible suspects, who include a disgruntled student, a jilted former lover, and a serial killer who is already on death row, before his time runs out.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

How long do you think the movie is? 98 minutes including credits?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Alexandro

I don't know who else saw this...I just can say this was epically bad in every single level. It might be one of the worst films i've ever seen. It was actually insulting.

That film with de niro they did with jon avnet...it's just fearsome how bad it could be. If some miracle happens maybe it won't...but 88 Minutes...man...

MacGuffin

Ehhh. It was okay, but there are serious plotholes and leaps-of-faith that you shouldn't think too long about. Doesn't exactly keep you guessing; it does a lot to tell you who the killer isn't by being very blatent about red-herrings. Not the best of thrillers, but Pacino does his best to keep things interesting. I just couldn't get over how gorgeous Alica Witt looked; probably because she looked so haggard on her stint on Law & Order.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

This opens here in the UK after Righteous Kill, which was weird to me.  Things like that have been blowing my mind more than any of the larger differences.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: MacGuffin on September 25, 2008, 03:03:59 PM
Ehhh. It was okay, but there are serious plotholes and leaps-of-faith that you shouldn't think too long about. Doesn't exactly keep you guessing; it does a lot to tell you who the killer isn't by being very blatent about red-herrings. Not the best of thrillers, but Pacino does his best to keep things interesting. I just couldn't get over how gorgeous Alica Witt looked; probably because she looked so haggard on her stint on Law & Order.
Agree with you. Not an abomination but nothing really to write home about. I really wanted to enjoy this more than I did, but it didn't push me over the edge. Didn't give me a full blowjob.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection