Michael Moore and his bullshit (Bowling for Columbine)

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, December 03, 2003, 01:52:58 AM

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanEnd of thread.
bringing up some college textbook doesn't mean the end of any means.  Sorry...

Edit...sorry or steven ambrose...this topic is so hard to be purely objective on, is all i am saying.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: aclockworkjjbringing up some college textbook doesn't mean the end of any means.  Sorry...

Umm... what?

picolas

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanEnd of thread.
bringing up some college textbook doesn't mean the end of any means.  Sorry...
try reading the whole post before you shit on it. Sorry...

it's so funny how one of the big complaints is that we don't get to see the bank lady answer the question and here you are flat-out ignoring most of bradford's post.

and whenever someone says "well i'll just leave it up to your interpretation," they aren't resolving anything themselves. so by the definition cow presented, it's a cop out.

Raikus

Quote from: picolasit's so funny how one of the big complaints is that we don't get to see the bank lady answer the question
Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanUmm... what?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Raikus
Quote from: picolasit's so funny how one of the big complaints is that we don't get to see the bank lady answer the question
Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanUmm... what?

Gosh darn it Raikus... read the fucking thread.

He's referring to the ridiculous complaint I brought up of people crying about Michael Moore didn't let the lady at the bank that hands out guns answer the question "don't you think it's dangerous to give out guns at a bank?".

Raikus

You'll have to forgive me. I'm at work and I completely missed the context there. I won't even comment on the sentence structure.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

It's also important to note that he had an interview after that with a "bank lady" where she answered questions and it was a reasonable little conversation. Talk about context.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: picolastry reading the whole post before you shit on it. Sorry...
why?  I see "end of thread" and it reads, "this is right, we win" again.  It's not about winning or losing.  It's like me going:

"Only a liberal would hug a tree and kill a fetus"

End of thread!!

Jeremy Blackman

Oh come on. It was obviously hyperbole. If the thread was really ended, it would be locked.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanIt was obviously hyperbole. If the thread was really ended, it would be locked.
k..my bad.  

Now. To stem this out a bit:  
"...He [President Clinton] boasts about 186,000 people denied
firearms under the Brady Law rules. The Brady Law has been in
force for three years. In that time, they have prosecuted seven
people and put three of them in prison. You know, the President
has entertained more felons than that at fundraising coffees in
the White House, for Pete's sake..." -CHARLTON HESTON
[/size]

any explanations?  or is he just lying?

Thecowgoooesmooo

QuoteThecowgoooesmooo wrote:
Hey Blackman, I just don't understand you man. Facts are facts. The only thing you have told me is that they may have the tendency to manipulate things in the NRA's favor. Your just accusing, and so far, you have not brought one fact into this arguement.

I'll try to say this again. Bowling for Columbine has facts in it. The NRA lawyer disputed those facts. I'm saying I don't trust the NRA lawyer... I'm not "simply ignoring the facts" by being skeptical of the NRA lawyer. Many of the things he complains about in BFC are very minor manipulations in cinematic technique and context, not flat-out lies... like RK just said. And we have gone over all of this before.

Not flat-out lies? Ok, here's a lie. The two boys never bowled in the morning. Michael Moore stated that the two boys did bowl in the morning before the shootings began in his film. Do you want another one Blackman? Also, as stated by Moore in his film, the KKK and the NRA were never created the same year, and had absolutely no connection to each other.  

Well there you go, he just lied Blackman, twice. And that was ONLY two. If you'd like, I can find many many many more, that can be supported with FACTS. Facts that you seem to stray away from.

Minor manipulations? Hahahahah. Come on, are you really serious?

QuoteBy independent researchers you mean people who copied the NRA lawyer's webpage?

I dare you to find a actual fact that supports this statement! Go ahead, find a fact somewhere, that explains that all of these independent researchers have copied the information they present from the NRA.

Quoteoh who cares? it means nothing. i bet they're 300 independent reaserches who could find a ton of faults in the textbook for my history 4000 class: Staging Growth: Modernization, Development, and the Global Cold War.

Who cares? It means nothing? How could it mean nothing, they are facts that have been presented because Moore fictionalized them. This weighs nothing on the arguement cBRAD, congragulations.

**On a side note**
Admins, why are you fucking with my profile? I noticed you turn my PM's so they alert me now, and you also decided to disable my signature. Getting kinda old ya know? That is my signature below, that you decided to disable, If you don't agree with it, then thats fine. But that dosen't mean you have to censor it.

chris

-----------------------------------
Insightful and informative, you can always count on P.

Quoted:

"u picked the wrong person to start shit with mang."

---------------------------------
Scary.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: aclockworkjjany explanations?  or is he just lying?

It's probably true, but it certainly doesn't prove that gun control doesn't work.

And I'm not a fan of Clinton.

©brad

Quote from: Thecowgoooesmooo
Quoteoh who cares? it means nothing. i bet they're 300 independent reaserches who could find a ton of faults in the textbook for my history 4000 class: Staging Growth: Modernization, Development, and the Global Cold War.

Who cares? It means nothing? How could it mean nothing, they are facts that have been presented because Moore fictionalized them. This weighs nothing on the arguement cBRAD, congragulations.

the independent researches could just as easy be full of shit. how do u know their research is accurate? u don't.

and my name is cbrad. its case sensitive, bitch.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ThecowgoooesmoooOk, here's a lie. The two boys never bowled in the morning.

You're wrong. They dropped out of the bowling class, but they still bowled that morning.

Quote from: Thecowgoooesmooothe KKK and the NRA were never created the same year, and had absolutely no connection to each other.

The KKK was ended when the NRA was created (have you seen the movie?). There may be no connection between the two, but it's like when Al Franken says we should shoot the elderly into space. Satire. You have to admit it's funny.

Neither of these two things are lies.

Quote from: ThecowgoooesmoooI dare you to find a actual fact that supports this statement! Go ahead, find a fact somewhere, that explains that all of these independent researchers have copied the information they present from the NRA.

How about the fact that the sites you listed a few pages ago have the same lists, the same information, the same conspiracies, and even link to each other? It's like a little network of Michael Moore haters. In other words, not independent. The NRA lawyer's site was the first one to pop up.

Thecowgoooesmooo

Quotethe independent researches could just as easy be full of shit. how do u know their research is accurate? u don't.

Well, ya... Actually cBRAD you can verify that this research is true. For exmaple, I brought an earlier point that the KKK and the NRA were not formed in the same year. You can find these FACTS in history books or cBRAD, you can ride your circus tricycle down to your local library. You can then try reading a encyclopedia.

Quoteand my name is cbrad. its case sensitive, bitch.

Alright cBRAD.

Macguffin what do you think about this name calling towards me? You were so closely analyzing my insults in retalition to theres. Do you have anything to say about the admins who join in on the name calling? Hmm talk about being singled out....

chris

-----------------------------------
Insightful and informative, you can always count on P.

Quoted:

"u picked the wrong person to start shit with mang."

---------------------------------
Scary.