kungfu hustle

Started by pete, September 09, 2004, 12:44:57 AM

modage

Quote from: Losing the Horse:Yeah I bought it.  And a bottle of Lipton Iced Tea Green Tea with Citrus.  Pretty good purchase overall.
that Lipton tea was substantially edited for American release.  :yabbse-thumbdown:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Quote from: modage
Quote from: Losing the Horse:Yeah I bought it.  And a bottle of Lipton Iced Tea Green Tea with Citrus.  Pretty good purchase overall.
that Lipton tea was substantially edited for American release.  :yabbse-thumbdown:

No blood or bowel movements in the US version.

modage

According to the Taiwanese media, filming of the sequel to Kung Fu Hustle will begin in Shanghai this September or October and will complete by the yearend. Almost everyone, including Stephen Chow himself, Lam Tse-Chung (Chow's sidekick), Yuen Qiu (the Landlady) and Yuen Wah (the Landlord), will reappear in the sequel. Even Chan Kwok-Kwan, whose character died in the first film, will return with a new character. However, Huang Shengyi, who played the female lead, is currently trying to leave Steven Chow's agency and her chance of returning to the sequel is quite small. The action will still be handled by Yuen Wo-Ping and there will be more action sequences in the sequel. The budget is about US$ 15 million and part of it comes from Sony Pictures.

SWEET>  this was ALMOST the years best movie.  more people rent this now.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cyk

sweet..can't wait for the sequel....

i got to see "kung fu Hustle" in china about 3 months ago and my friend pick up the chinese DVD....

unfortunatly we don't speak mandarine chinese and it only sub'ed to cantonese....

we still watched it three times it was so good...i finally got to figure out the storyline last W/E when i went to see it sub into english..

for a film with so much CG in it, I was amazed at how good it looked..
(only one part looked a bit out of wack)
"The Wisdom Of Cyk"

"If your up to your chin in shit.........Don't make waves!"

NEON MERCURY

one of my friends whose is gay..but i think he is cool anyway...and he helps me shop for new shoes... :-D ..but the told me that this was a "geek" film...and i  know that i am sort of a dork but the said that this is really, really, geeky...is this true..?

Pubrick

Quote from: NEON MERCURYbut i think he is cool anyway
hahaha, ur more awesome than andrigo.
under the paving stones.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: NEON MERCURYone of my friends whose is gay..but i think he is cool anyway...and he helps me shop for new shoes... :-D ..but the told me that this was a "geek" film...and i  know that i am sort of a dork but the said that this is really, really, geeky...is this true..?

So, what's a geek film?  You fag...

pete

yeah kungfu hustle, breaking all the box office records in China and Hong Kong and them other geek nations.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pwaybloe
Quote from: NEON MERCURYone of my friends whose is gay..but i think he is cool anyway...and he helps me shop for new shoes... :-D ..but the told me that this was a "geek" film...and i  know that i am sort of a dork but the said that this is really, really, geeky...is this true..?

So, what's a geek film?  You fag...

haha...

here are soem geek films:

or anything else wes anderson

and/or anything tarantino would watch

modage

NEON, see this movie.  its awesome.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: modageNEON, see this movie.  its awesome.

yeah, i think i will....you guys have been pimping this film for a while..and the xixax faithful have never let me down [yet]......but i did rent the ring 2 a few hours ago..and i plan to watch that in an hour....[man, i hop eit doesnt suck as bad as i've heard]...but i will check this out next...

modage

Quote from: NEON MERCURY.but i did rent the ring 2 a few hours ago..and i plan to watch that in an hour....[man, i hop eit doesnt suck as bad as i've heard]...but i will check this out next...
WAIT!  stop!  I JUST FINISHED WATCHING THAT PIECE OF SHIT 5 MINUTES AGO!  save yourself the misery.  it is AN ABOMINATION.  seriously, its not like 'a letdown', its REALLY REALLY AWFUL.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: modage
Quote from: NEON MERCURY.but i did rent the ring 2 a few hours ago..and i plan to watch that in an hour....[man, i hop eit doesnt suck as bad as i've heard]...but i will check this out next...
WAIT!  stop!  I JUST FINISHED WATCHING THAT PIECE OF SHIT 5 MINUTES AGO!  save yourself the misery.  it is AN ABOMINATION.  seriously, its not like 'a letdown', its REALLY REALLY AWFUL.

haha...man  that sucks...i wanted to see this shit bad too......

well, how bout this...is it better or worse than,  um, lets say the grudge?

modage

dude seriously.  it makes The Grudge look like The Ring.  The Grudge is a masterpiece of originality/acting/terror compared to this.  TG was like 'eh', whatever.  this is just, i feel bad for Naomi Watts for being in this and having to see it at the premiere and be like 'oooh, this sucks.'  she should've known better.  the ONLY thing that could've made it worse is if they had replaced Naomi and the kid with bad actors and had them playing the same roles.  i can't believe the script was written by the same guy who wrote the first one.  what the hell was he thinking?  Noam whatsisface knew to jump ship on this one.

Pubrick

Quote from: NEON MERCURY..and the xixax faithful have never let me down [yet].....
if u really believe that u shouldn't hav rented the ring 2, and u should see kungfu hustle.
under the paving stones.