The Evil Dead Trilogy

Started by NEON MERCURY, October 03, 2003, 12:50:00 AM

Cecil

hey i got one too, listen to this, listen to this: maybe the tree was fucking horny!

MacGuffin

Quote from: Cecilmaybe the tree was fucking horny!

Now you're being silly. A tree like that doesn't have nuts.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Cecil

okay, well... maybe the girl asked for it! yeah (good one cecil)

NEON MERCURY

now that i have ..seen them all i have to go w/evil dead..but i agree w/most that there'e all different..

shangiaorange's diagram is perefect...so i guess it depends on your tastes and what youlike most..

for me its' the first one ouiyt of the trilogy..

thabnks for everyone for voting....

see you guys next time

Derek237

In the words of Jack Black, Evil Dead II is "pure cinematic genious." Seriously, it's the best without a doubt. Classic.

MacGuffin

Is that an ARMY OF DARKNESS in your comic book store?
Comic book serves as sequel to film
Source: Cinescape

If you've been sitting around waiting for Sam Raimi to announce the start of filming for EVIL DEAD IV, the next best thing is happening: there's going to be a sequel to ARMY OF DARKNESS in comic book form.

ARMY OF DARKNESS #1 will hit store shelves this coming July. Written by Andy Hartnell (DANGER GIRL) and with art by Nick Bradshaw, the book will be published by Devil's Due and created by Dynamite Entertainment. The comic will come in six different covers, with art by J. Scott Campbell (SPIDER-MAN), Marc Silvestri (NEW X-MEN), Ben Templesmith (30 DAYS OF NIGHT), a Necronomicon retailer incentive cover and a photo cover; the fifth cover will be another by Campbell and be limited to 1-in-25 copies.

The comic picks up after the events seen in ARMY OF DARKNESS and has everyone's favorite dead-stomping hero Ash get his chance to "do over" the moment when he misspoke the magic words that brought him and the evil dead back to the future. The action will start off inside S-Mart, Ash's job, and then wind up back at the place where it all began, the cabin in the woods where the dead first attacked Ash.

ARMY OF DARKNESS #1 will retail for $2.99 and ship to stores in July.

J. Scott Campbell's cover to ARMY OF DARKNESS #1.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Just Withnail

If that was an April fools joke, I'll kill someone! Of not, brilliant! Abso-lutely brilliant!

Just Withnail

Yes

Bloody-disgusting.com

Pur reporter SuperHeidi writes in:

Sam Raimi and Tapert, when asked if they were considering Sean Scott Williams for the part of Ash, looked at each other for a minute and then, together said, "Who is that?" Sam then said, "I don't think I've ever heard of him".

In regards to 'Evil Dead 4 Raimi says, "There will be an Evil Dead 4, and there will ALSO be an Evil Dead Remake. The remake will be produced by Ghost House pictures, (his company with Tapert) and it will star a new cast and a completely new director. The point of Ghost House is that we want to bring new directors (like Takashi Shimizu of "the Grudge" to Hollywood and give them a chnace to make a good horror film."

On WHAT inspired him to allow the remake, Raimi said, "I love the original Dawn of the Dead, and I also really enjoyed the new Dawn of the Dead. I mean, they are both really great horror films. I want to let somebody with a fresh vision bring The Evil Dead to a new generation and a new audience with a different vision..."

Contrary to what Raimi told Mr. D, the remake will be Evil Dead 1 and 2 together, but remade with a higher budget and a new cast and crew.

However, Raimi will be directing and producing Evil Dead 4, which will star Bruce Campbell as ASH and will also have many of the actors from the previous Evil Dead movies. Raimi says that "This is the project I really want to make. The remake can belong to someone else, but part 4 will be a continuation of the original".

Ted and Sam Raimi have begun writing Part 4, and will be developing it for production later this year. Bruce Campbell and Tapert will both be involved...

modage

Quote from: WithnailHowever, Raimi will be directing and producing Evil Dead 4, which will star Bruce Campbell as ASH and will also have many of the actors from the previous Evil Dead movies. Raimi says that "This is the project I really want to make. The remake can belong to someone else, but part 4 will be a continuation of the original".

Ted and Sam Raimi have begun writing Part 4, and will be developing it for production later this year. Bruce Campbell and Tapert will both be involved...
this is news sent directly from heaven.  although its going to be odd for the marketing dept. to sort out the #4 from the remake.  but maybe not any odder than dawn of the dead (remake) in theatres last year and land of the dead (#4) in theatres this year....  seriously though, as long as they make this movie there are fewer movies on this earth that i could be more excited about, so much that i dont even care about them doing the remake.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Dtm115300

Army of Darkness was good, Evil Dead II is by far the best one.

MacGuffin

Army of Darkness Cards
Finally trading cards that kick some Ash.

Few movie heroes have managed to touch lives in as deep and profound a way as Evil Dead star Ash. In recognition of Ash's contributions to movie-geeks across the country, Dynamic Forces is releasing the Army of Darkness Trading Card series this May.

The 72-card set features stills from the movie and original artwork from Dynamite Entertainment's comic-book series. As if watching Ash using his boom stick on your TV weren't enough, now you can slip some glossy cards into a binder to show your devotion. This way Ash never has to leave your side.

Among the incentives are signature cards and sketch cards.

Signatures
Duke Henry the Red (Richard Grove)
The Wiseman(Ian Abercrombie)
Mini Ash (Bruce Thomas)
AOD comics artist Nick Bradshaw
AOD comics writers Andy Hartnell and James Kuhoric
AOD comics cover artists Greg Land, Aaron Lopresti and J. Scott Campbell

Sketch Cards Artists
Nick Bradshaw
John Lucas
Gordon Purcell
Tim Seely
Robert Randle
Filip Sablik
John Czop

Unfortunately, plans to include autographed Bruce Campbell cards had to be scratched. "Bruce had a conflict, and had to withdraw from signing any cards," said Nick Barrucci, President of Dynamic Forces. "We're extremely disappointed, and we know the fans will be disappointed, but unfortunately, it's totally out of our hands. We need to respect Bruce."

Dynamic Forces has included a number of bonus inserts in an attempt to fill the voice left by Campbell. Two Glow-In-The-Dark cards come two per box (36 packs) with a total of six different Glow cards to collect. In a minimum of two boxers per case, DF is including a whopping seven special insert cards (three AOD Signed Cards, two comics creator Signed Cards and two hand-drawn Sketch Cards). Also, every box includes two Signed Cards and one Sketch Card. A special collector's binder, priced at $49.99, is also available.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Bleh. Not going to buy that, can't wait for Evil Dead 4 though.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

GoneSavage

Nice long interview with Bruce Campbell about the remake, part 4, and Bubba Ho-Tep 2.

Pubrick

cows are milked until they die.
under the paving stones.