The Evil Dead Trilogy

Started by NEON MERCURY, October 03, 2003, 12:50:00 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

GoneSavage

Happy Ash Wednesday, everyone!

McfLy

If anyone can get their hands on a PS2 or XBOX, I recommend Evil Dead: A Fistfull Of Boomstick (meh) and Evil Dead: Regeneration (decent). If not for the gameplay, for Bruce Campbell's voiceover work. Some of his liner's rank up there with some of the best of the films. Well perhaps not right up there, but in a comfortable nonexistant position. The games serve as a good "what-if's" after the events in the films.

The Army of Darkness comic series, from what I've seen, is quite well done.

MacGuffin

Evil Dead: The Musical To Live This Fall at New World Stages
by Broadway.com

Evil Dead: The Musical, a tuner based on The Evil Dead horror films, will hit New World Stages this fall, beginning on October 2. Jennifer Byrne, Jenna Coker (Fame on 42nd Street), Renee Klapmeyer, Amy Shute, Tom Walker, Brandon Wardell (Good Vibrations), Ryan Williams and Darryl Winslow will star.
Evil Dead: The Musical features music by Frank Cipolla, Christopher Bond, Melissa Morris and George Reinblatt and book and lyrics by Reinblatt. In the show, boy and his friends take a weekend getaway at abandoned cabin, boy expects to get lucky, boy unleashes ancient evil spirit, friends turn into Candarian Demons and boy fights until dawn to survive. Numbers include "All the Men in My Life Keep Getting Killed by Candarian Demons," "Look Who's Evil Now" and "Do the Necronomicon." Evil Dead: The Musical had public workshop productions in Toronto before officially premiering in July 2004 at Montreal's Just For Laughs festival.

The off-Broadway production, directed by Bond and Hinton Battle and choreographed by Battle, is scheduled to officially open on November 1.

http://www.evildeadthemusical.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News from Comic Con : Evil Dead update
Source: Moviehole

Director Sam Raimi announced at the "Spider-Man 3" panel tonight that although he had given up on the "Evil Dead" remake - the audience seemed rather happy to hear that he was potentially off the project - he's ready to try and get it off the ground again. He believes - the audience doesn't, judging by their sighs - that a new and talented filmmaker could bring something genuinely intriguing to the concept.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks