Rocky 6 Green lighted!!!!

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, January 10, 2003, 04:32:12 AM

Kal

Thats amazing... I'm excited... but the storyline seems like crap.

The guy is almost 60... you can come back from retirement at 45... but I think its too much!

analogzombie

Is there really a demand for a 6th Rocky? Hasn't Stallone been chasing this project and shopping it forever in a desperate attempt to restart his career?
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Ravi

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4496972.stm

Stallone filming Rocky comeback

Sylvester Stallone has begun filming the sixth Rocky movie - 15 years after he last played the hero boxer.

The actor filmed scenes in Las Vegas ahead of the real bout between Jermain Taylor and Bernard Hopkins.

Rocky VI will show the boxer as an ageing, has-been in Philadelphia who once again comes out of retirement.

Producers have held an open casting call in Philadelphia for locals to audition for a part when filming transfers to the city next year.

Hundreds queued to audition, many of them fans of the movie series.

Stallone is expected to have the final say on many of the extras who will be joining the cast.

'Real people'

"They want the character and personality of Philadelphia," said casting director Diane Heery.

"We're looking for the face to the story of Philadelphia. We're looking for real people."

Stallone, 59, created the Rocky genre, writing and starring in the first movie in 1976 and receiving two Oscar nominations.

The last film in 1990 saw Rocky in retirement training a new protege but dealing with bankruptcy.

Stallone said he wanted the new movie "to capture the essence of the first couple of films".

As well as reprising his Rocky role, Stallone is also planning to resurrect Vietnam veteran John Rambo, last seen in Rambo III in 1988.

Kal

It has a Feb 7, 2007 release date on IMDb. If that happens even before they start filming it means nobody has any confidence in this film and it will suck!

MacGuffin

New Pic: Rocky Balboa
Check out the first production still.

The official Rocky Balboa Blog has released the first legit production still from the forthcoming Rocky flick. We have it for you below, but you should keep watching the blog for production updates from Sylvester Stallone and the production team.

The new Rocky film tells what happens when Rocky, having long since retired, is drawn back into the ring for one last fight. He is challenged by a new and powerful adversary, by personal trials and ultimately by himself.

Stallone, who is writing and directing the film, says, "Rocky Balboa is about everybody who feels they want to participate in the race of life, rather than be a bystander. You're never too old to climb a mountain, if that's your desire."

Rocky Balboa will also film in Philadelphia and Los Angeles. Columbia Pictures is distributing the flick. The film will hit the big screen some time in 2006.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

i would rather watch this than cindarella man

edison

Kal

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Rocky" sequel sets December 22 fight date

Rocky is back in the ring just in time for Christmas.

"Rocky Balboa," the next installment of the saga about the beloved boxer from Philadelphia -- written, directed by and starring Sylvester Stallone -- will be distributed in the U.S. and Canada by MGM Studios on December 22.

The long-in-the-works project marks the sixth film in the 30-year-old franchise, and the first since 1990's "Rocky V."

MGM plans to announce further details during a news conference at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Here is an interview I was reading with Milo Ventimiglia about the movie. Some plot info (actually all of it, so if you dont want to know stop reading), and said that the trailer comes with Pirates of the Caribbean this week.

Ausiello: How was Rocky VI?
Milo: Rocky VI was fun.

Ausiello: Did you do any boxing?
Milo: No. None. I'm his son. I'm a Philadelphia businessman with, like, suits off the rack. Rocky's on his own; Adrian's passed away. My character's off working in corporate Philadelphia. Paulie, in the original script, had a girlfriend, and was still working at the meatpacking place, so Rocky was just on his own. He didn't have anybody around. He starts thinking about boxing again, and ESPN does this thing where they match up old fighters and new fighters in a computer to see who would win per stat. And they match up Rocky versus the current champion, and in the computer, Rocky wins. So there's all this speculation about what would happen if they fought. Here's a guy in his mid- to late fifties, and the other guy is in his prime. It's obvious that the current champion would win, not Rocky. It actually comes to a head when they set up an exhibition match to see who would win it. We shot many different endings.

Ausiello: What kind of shape is Sylvester Stallone in?
Milo: The best. He was in great shape. He was at fighting weight. I couldn't get over his stamina, and I'm not even talking about boxing so much. He wrote the film, produced it, directed it and acted in it. The responsibility of all those things, as well as being in peak physical shape and having a pretty good temperament... I found him to be patient, incredibly intelligent. He really wanted the cast and crew to understand what he was going for. I never had a hard time understanding what he was looking for. And he was really respectful to the people who were working hard, who put the time in, did their homework and came prepared. I hope he gets some recognition for being an artist, because he really is. Of course he's done a lot of big action movies — Tango and Cash, whatever — but when I first read the script, take away 30 years of Rocky history and it was a beautiful, beautiful script that he wrote.

Ausiello: When does it open?
Milo: December 22. I think they're going to start running trailers for it with Pirates of the Caribbean.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

is it weird that i think this looks kinda good?  i unno, i'm kinda rooting for it. 

grand theft sparrow

Yeah, either this isn't going to be worse than Rocky V or that's the greatest trailer ever cut.  It almost looked like a real movie.