Aeon Flux

Started by MacGuffin, February 27, 2004, 03:21:49 AM

MacGuffin

Charlize Theron to Star in Aeon Flux!
Source: Variety

Charlize Theron is set to earn a $10 million payday, her biggest, to star in Aeon Flux. The Lakeshore Entertainment and Paramount Pictures-financed sci-fi film is based on the futuristic MTV animated series created by Peter Chung. MTV Films and Gale Anne Hurd's Valhalla Productions are producing.

Aeon Flux is set 400 years in the future in a world where humans have nearly been wiped out by a virus, with the remains of mankind living in a city encased in a protective bubble. The title character, an acrobatic superheroine, is assigned to kill the government leader.

Karyn Kusama (Girlfight) is directing a script by Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi. The film will shoot near Berlin in July.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

I can't believe this survived development hell for so long.

She better die at the end.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: GhostboyI can't believe this survived development hell for so long.

She better die at the end.

please dont tell me you ruined it

i hope this movie isnt as dull as I imagine it being

Ghostboy

Nah, that's what was so cool about the show. She died in every single one, a la Kenny.

Kal

NEON MERCURY

.thats stupid that its going to be live-action..i'm not an animae geek but back in the days the that sh*t freeked me out on liquid television.and partly b/c of the anination which it should retain for th ebig screen......

RegularKarate

Problem with this is that the shorts on Liquid Television were good.  But the show sucked because it added dialogue and plot and fucked up all the obscurity the shorts had going for them.

This will probably blow.

Chest Rockwell

modage

chest i think the show was on before your time.  have you ever seen it?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

yes, i think Liquid Television was definitely before his time.

man those were the days when MTV would make an effort..

expect the concept to be raped along with everything else that rocked about it.. (gangly limbs, wtf-factor). it'll be nice to see theron move in the costume tho.
under the paving stones.

Kal

fuck I feel old...

bonanzataz

i hope that when the movie comes out, they'll release dvd sets of the original series, along with the maxx and the head. the maxx was da bomb.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: themodernage02chest i think the show was on before your time.  have you ever seen it?
Yea, I used to watch all the old MTV shows. I liked the show; it was pretty cool. But the concept isn't why I'm not looking forward to it.

A) It's produced/distributed/whatever by MTV.
B) It's a live-action film based off an older animated show.
C) It stars Charlize Theron.

hoichi_the_earless

Thank you taz!  I couldn't remember the title of The Maxx for the longest time.  That was perhaps my favorite cartoon MTV ever had to offer!
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make...

MacGuffin

Frances McDormand Aboard Aeon Flux
Source: Variety

Frances McDormand will co-star with Charlize Theron in Paramount Pictures' big-screen live-action adaptation of the futuristic MTV toon series Aeon Flux, to be directed by Karyn Kusama (Girlfight).

Variety says McDormand will portray the Handler in the film, produced by MTV Films along with Valhalla Productions, in association with Lakeshore Entertainment. Filming is slated to begin in August in Berlin for a 2005 release.

The script, written by Phil Hay (Crazy/Beautiful) and Matt Manfredi (The Tuxedo), is set 1,000 years in the future, when disease has wiped out the population save for one city. The acrobatic title character is the top operative in an underground rebellion, but when sent on a mission to kill the government's leader, she uncovers a secret making her question if she's on the right side.

McDormand, who won an actress Oscar for Fargo, will portray the leader of the rebellion. The series was created by Peter Cheung.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks