dead ant, dead ant... The Pink Panther (2005)

Started by mutinyco, March 29, 2004, 11:51:56 AM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: kal on February 12, 2006, 06:43:53 PM
why does everyone here have to make sarcastic or stupid remarks when they dont agree on something? it was a funny movie... maybe not incredible, but still funny and everyone that sees it seem to enjoy it. You should see it before posting...

if i may speak freely...i think that we get like this b/c you are not suppose to like this film...seriouly, from the trailers it looks like shit...steve martin is annoying as hell...i even hate going to theaters and seeing his act w/the vibrating phone....i think since you are a frequent menber of xixax you need to give yourself higher standards and NEVER spend your hard earned money on this piece of trash...

i hop eyou dotn plan to see dirty :yabbse-sad:

Pubrick

it was a joke. i'm sure a lot of ppl will like it.

kal, did beyonce totally bend over and slap her ass like she does in the video? did she shake it like it's on fire?
under the paving stones.

Kal

I dont remember if she did that, but she was looking good and she wasnt as bad as in Austin Powers 3.

Anyways, pyramid, I understand what you say, but I dont agree. Who sets the standars of what movies to see? The standards here seem to be that if a movie is made by PTA, its fantastic and it will no doubt be nominated for every possible award we come up with. And maybe OIL will be crap and it will suck, and we will still do the same thing.

For instance, I thought Bubble was CRAP. I dont even know what the majority of the people thought here, but I do know everyone was damn excited about it, and some people even liked the trailer, which was the most horrible thing ever. Same goes for Elizabethtown, which was Crowe's disaster and everyone hated it, but here some people loved it. Why? I dont really understand. It was OK... but compared to his other work, I think Vanilla Sky was a masterpiece.

That being said, everyone has different taste, and until you see a film I think you should shut up and wait, cause trailers and promo are many times different than the film. Again, the Elizabethtown trailer was awsome. And talking about standards, Steve Martin is a great actor, Shawn Levy is a good director, Jean Reno? Excellent. What can you say negative about any of them before you see it?

The Red Vine

Quote from: kal on February 13, 2006, 08:28:43 AM
Shawn Levy is a good director

"Just Married", "Big Fat Liar", "Cheaper by the Dozen", "The Pink Panther".....yeah he's a talented one.

I like Steve Martin a lot. But he's been stuck on this PG family comedy shit that usually involves him falling or running into things. I haven't seen "Shopgirl" yet but it's probably the best thing he's done in the last few years.

If I watched "The Pink Panther" it would just make me depressed. Peter Sellers would be rolling over in his grave right now. I gotta believe Hollywood is truly desperate for ideas so they just remake every good movie of the last 40 years. It's pathetic. Glad you enjoyed kal, but it aint for me.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

Ravi

Quote from: kal on February 13, 2006, 08:28:43 AM
Shawn Levy is a good director

He's no Adam Shankman.

I haven't seen Shopgirl yet either, but the last Steve Martin movie I sort of liked was Novocaine, and the last one I really liked was Bowfinger.

Kal

I agree on the remakes issue. I dont know how many of last years movies were remakes, but a lot, maybe half. Between remakes, sequels, books made into movies, remakes of foreign films, broadway plays, etc... its probably over 80% of the movies out there, with only 20% being original ideas. And from that 20% maybe 5% are really original. So thats the way it works...

Some remakes make more sense... like King Kong... because it updated a whole aspect of the movie that couldnt be done in the 30's. Its still an unnecessary remake for many people. The Pink Panther maybe doesnt, but Im not comparing it to the original. I just said it was funny. I saw it because I had time from 3 to 6, and most of the movies were starting at 4:30 and I couldnt make it. This was the only one, with Final Destination 3, that started at 3:15. So anyway... I dont have to explain myself... you guys do whatever you want... and lets stop the argument cause it doesnt make sense anyway.

And the fact that Shawn Levy decided to make these type of films doesnt mean he is a bad director.