Michael Moore and his bullshit (Bowling for Columbine)

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, December 03, 2003, 01:52:58 AM

rustinglass

thanks.
like some of the black adder episodes, then. And monty python stuff.and the office.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

When I think of mockumentary, I think of Spinal Tap.  

Would that be a mockumentary?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

picolas

Quote from: rustinglassthanks.
like some of the black adder episodes, then. And monty python stuff.and the office.
no. a mockumentary is presented in the same style as a documentary. those are just comedies.

Quote from: aClockworkWalrusWhen I think of mockumentary, I think of Spinal Tap.

Would that be a mockumentary?
yes.

NEON MERCURY

in a funny was Best in Show was a mockumentary...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Would you consider Schindler's List a mockumentary?  I'm referring to the new special edition version with a laugh track dubbed in.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

picolas

Quote from: NEON MERCURYin a funny was Best in Show was a mockumentary...
and in a definition-type way.

GodDamnImDaMan

Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Thecowgoooesmooo

Quotethis was one of the best threads ever...

Why?

on a side note

i dont know how in the fuck this thread wasen't locked...

chris

picolas

what was wrong with the sentence structure, Ravi

?

cine

Children on Easter egg hunt find guns instead

FLINT, Michigan (AP) -- -- A group of children hunting for Easter eggs Saturday during a church event found two loaded handguns outside an elementary school.

Flint police said officers were called to the scene and also recovered a BB gun and a broken toy gun on the grounds of Gundry Elementary School. No one was injured, Sgt. Michael Coote said.

One of the guns discharged when it was dropped, according to a police report, but it was unclear who dropped it.

The pastor of Ruth Street Baptist Church told WJRT-TV that one of the handguns had a bullet in the chamber, and the other handgun's clip had bullets in it.

"It's terrible that something like this has happened," Pastor Namon Marshall told the station.

Coote said he did not know how long the guns had been in the park.

Police opened an investigation after confiscating the weapons.

Myxo

Quote from: ThecowgoooesmoooI thought I would create a thread devoted to this, because it has been on my mind for quite some time. The fact that Moore blatantly lies and fools the viewer to be swayed by his viewpoint. This liberal, like most liberals, is a total fool. What's funny is that Moore trys to sell Bowling for Columbine as a documentary when it is clearly a MOCKUMENTARY!

Any opinions or thoughts on this debate?

chris
(and yes I do know, another thread has discussions about this, but I want this thread to be devoted to this arguement)

I agree.

Mockumentary.

Raikus

*drum*
*drum*
*drum*
*drum*
... and so it begins again...
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

cine

Quote from: MyxomatosisI agree.

Mockumentary.
Well, thank you for reviving a dead issue. That was asked a little over 4 months ago and ended shortly thereafter.

It's a documentary.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

under the paving stones.