Leaving

Started by kotte, November 09, 2003, 06:42:34 PM

kotte

Leaving amovie before it's over...what's up with that?

I thought it only happened in the US but I just saw a film where half the audience left.

What is that? Can't people show a little respect a stay? They spend 8-12 bucks on it.

It doesn't matter how bad it is, you should not leave a film before it's done.
It totally ruins it for me if people complain during a (for me) good movie. Same thing with leaving.

It makes me so mad...who leaves a film?

Xixax

http://benfolds.host.sk/display.php?songid=117

I've done this exactly once. "Rough Cut" starring Burt Reynolds. Original theatrical release.

Yeah, I'm old.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I sit through shitty movies, because then it's fun to point out bad stuff if you're with friends.  I imagine I would just leave if it was just me, but I usually go with people.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

kotte

Quote from: XIXAXhttp://benfolds.host.sk/display.php?songid=117

Hehe...exactly.

Quote from: XIXAXI've done this exactly once. "Rough Cut" starring Burt Reynolds. Original theatrical release.

Yeah, I'm old.

Never saw that one...I almost walked out of Blair Witch Project...I'm hip and young...and I didn't like it.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gloria

I've only walked out of one movie,"Clockstoppers."  Yeah, I should have known better.

I think walking out of a movie is better than walking out of a movie, back in, out again, back in, etc.  I don't understand if it is just the people's bladders or attention spans. Walking out is fine, just dont distract me when I'm trying to watch the movie.

Banky

i have never walked out of a movie but not because im against it, i just havent ever had the urge

this should go in "Everything Else Cinema"

MacGuffin

I've NEVER left a film. My thinking is that even in the worst films, there might be one tiny, little nugget of a great shot, a great line of dialogue, or an actor's look, etc.; something that might just be the only thing to remember.

Quote from: kotteI thought it only happened in the US but I just saw a film where half the audience left?

What film was that?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gloria

from www.digitallyobsessed.com

On the movie Black Sheep:

In researching this film's reception I noted many very negative reviews, including the claim that Gene Siskel referred to this as the only movie he walked out on in 26 years of movie reviewing.

Wow. Thats something.

Gamblour.

I only walked out on The Thin Red Line when I was like 13, mainly because my parents' movie had long finished before TTRL was done, and they wanted to leave. I didn't think it was so good then, and I don't now, for different reasons of course.
WWPTAD?

Pedro

almost did at atanarjuat...(sp?)...but i felt committed so i stayed

SHAFTR

I almost walked out of Ali.

What a long horrible mess.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreI only walked out on The Thin Red Line when I was like 13, mainly because my parents' movie had long finished before TTRL was done, and they wanted to leave. I didn't think it was so good then, and I don't now, for different reasons of course.

...i gotta disagree w/you on that one..
i went with about four friends to see this ..they ALL fell asleep...except for me..this film is gorgeous......ANOTHER UNDERATED MALLICK CLASSIC..and deserved that acad. award for best pic......this whole film has a surreal dreamilike feel to it which gives it a  unique experience during the scenes of violence....

Gold Trumpet

I have no problem with walking out. I walked out of A Walk To Remember. I had read the book and enjoyed the pure innocence of it and looked forward to the movie because Mandy Moore is charming to me. The film updated its story from the 1950s to now and added so much graphic content all in the name of teen movie cliche. It just pissed me off. Oh, and don't ask me what the fuck I was doing reading that book in the first place.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI walked out of A Walk To Remember.

..I love irony..... 8) .or things that are in an ironic tone/display......