Cars

Started by MacGuffin, November 04, 2004, 11:24:15 PM

picolas

before i saw Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc and The Incredibles i thought they would be bad despite all the past good Pixars. but i really i think this will be bad.

Ravi

Doesn't look great from the trailer, but I'll see it anyways.  I'm sure its better than I think it is, even with Larry the Cable Guy in it.

©brad

u guys are nuts.

best movie of the year. i'm calling it.

grand theft sparrow

I remember all the negative buzz after the Nemo teaser... "Pixar's first disappointment"... "the streak is broken"... "who gives a shit about fish"... and so on, and that one turned out just fine and became Pixar's biggest hit.  Despite that Larry the Cable Guy is involved, there's no doubt that, though it might not be as good as the other Pixar movies, it's still going to be good.  Lasseter didn't get the creative consultant job at Disney proper for nothing.

©brad

Quote from: hacksparrow on March 17, 2006, 09:40:32 AM... "who gives a shit about fish"...

:rofl:

i'm in tears on this for some reason.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

that red car looks like it has four eyes. they must've spent a long time deciding how best to anthropomorphize a vehicle, for example not making headlights the eyes. i'm seeing the movie mainly to answer questions like this. :shock:
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pubrick on March 25, 2006, 10:41:24 PM
that red car looks like it has four eyes. they must've spent a long time deciding how best to anthropomorphize a vehicle, for example not making headlights the eyes. i'm seeing the movie mainly to answer questions like this. :shock:

Or you could just read the article I posted on Page 2:

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 09, 2006, 10:47:00 AMBut before the artists on Pixar's seventh outing could start their digital engines, they had to decide on a few physical details. Unlike the fish in Finding Nemo and the creatures in Monsters, Inc., cars are not soft and squishy.

"John likes to keep the structural integrity of objects," says producer Darla K. Anderson. "In some tests, the cars were too rubbery. He likes to keep it nuanced."

The big question: Where do you place their eyes? Most cartoon autos have them where their headlights should be. "That way you get a snake look with a hump in the back," says story artist Dan Scanlon. Not good. Plus, without a driver inside, it would look strange. By placing the eyes where the windshield goes, however, "the whole character is the head."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 26, 2006, 01:37:11 AM
Or you could just read the article I posted on Page 2:
wow, i even quoted from that article. i graciously concede this owning, thanks mac.
under the paving stones.

hedwig

Ravi

Anyone know the meaning of this?

Redlum

Radiator Springs?
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

polkablues

In some parts of the US (Montana in particular), a lot of the smaller towns have their initials written on a hill overlooking the town.  They're called (I shit you not) "mountain monograms".  And the name of the town in the movie is Radiator Springs, so there you go.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

[Johnny Carson]That is wild, weird stuff.[/Johnny Carson]

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks