Déjà Vu

Started by MacGuffin, July 06, 2006, 03:17:49 PM

picolas

spoils

i enjoyed this way more than i thought i would based on the first 30 minutes. parts of it were lame/could have been done far better like denzel's performance which doesn't really match the script, or the romance, or caveziel's character, but i guess i'm a sucker for time travel movies. there were so many cool moments like the sending of the paper being responsible for the death and denzel surviving which i never thought of until the moment it happened.. and it doesn't really mess with the laws of time travel.. it's sort of like donnie darko time travel. it's just multiverse jumping. deja vu being the spiritual/unexplainable side effect is such a neat idea..

MacGuffin

Man, I really enjoyed this film. I was completely fascinated and drawn into the time bending aspect. It felt original and such a change from any other action film I'm seen in a long time; not knowing which way it would go. Scott goes further than he did with Enemy Of The State and was right in not using the quick cutting techniques of Man On Fire and Domino for this film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks