Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

SiliasRuby

Aaron is probably 6.5, I'm hoping. Well, I'd like to think that he is what Gambour and I proclaim he is. I'm very interested for next week. It's gonna be a doozy. I don't want to think claire is dead. I want her not to be deceased. Miles is really starting to piss me off.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

JG

i just noticed that australia is not far behind this year. p should be commenting on these episodes!

MacGuffin

But at the trial, Jack says 8 survived. Would Sun's and Claire's babies be the other two?

Quote from: JG on February 21, 2008, 11:49:52 PMdid anybody else call the twist far before it happened?

I did. It seemed a tip off when they were hanging laundry and Kate's mentions not being good with babies.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 22, 2008, 12:53:22 AM
But at the trial, Jack says 8 survived. Would Sun's and Claire's babies be the other two?

I think he said that 8 survived the crash but then he mentioned something about her trying to save 'the other two'. Probably those other 2 died in the island after the crash.

This episode was great. Not to compare with other seasons really, and maybe its just the fact that we were all waiting for the new season with so much anticipation, but every episode seems like the best episode ever. So many things happening, and the flash-forwards are amazing.

One of the best things of the episode... Hurley and Sawyer roommates? Priceless!

Gamblour.

I think for some reason one of the two will definitely be Charlie. I don't know why. Would the Marshall be one of the two? Because Jack testifies about talking to him, so that kinda makes sense.
WWPTAD?

©brad

ok me and my friends are idiots b/c we thought she said "ERIK" and were questioning why the ending was so ominous and i didn't realize our goof until i came to work this morning and was immediately bombarded by a lostfreak who took much joy in telling me "no you retard, AARON"

okay so if the baby really is claire's aaron, then jack has to know that, so why is jack so hesitant to go see it? unless kate really had a baby, and she named him aaron in memory of claire's aaron, meaning that something bad happens to claire/aaron...

edison

Quote from: JG on February 21, 2008, 11:49:52 PM
did anybody else call the twist far before it happened?

Yeah, back on pg 60

Another good episode, did they get new writers or something, they are really on the ball this season. Though maybe it is just the addition of the flash forwards that gave the writers this new spark but these episodes really fly.

So was Miles asking for the 3.2 mil because of "The box" that Ben mentioned last season. Remember he was telling Locke to imagine a box that would give you whatever you wanted or something like that and then opened the door and there was Locke's dad.

Quote from: Gamblour. on February 22, 2008, 08:49:50 AM
I think for some reason one of the two will definitely be Charlie. I don't know why. Would the Marshall be one of the two? Because Jack testifies about talking to him, so that kinda makes sense.

Jack said on the stand that the marshall died in the crash, so no, he couldn't have talked to him.

grand theft sparrow

That's Claire's Aaron.  Jack and/or Kate took Aaron from Claire before leaving the island and Jack feels guilty about it.  

And only bad things will happen if Claire doesn't raise the baby.

Quote from: Gamblour. on February 21, 2008, 10:28:49 PM
I say, it makes him Oceanic 6.5

Nope.  Aaron is one of the 6.  "Oceanic 6" is obviously the name the media came up with, as the characters have referred to themselves as such.  So it's 5 main characters and Aaron.  Aaron's presence without Claire means SO much more than any of the others.  

I can't decide if the 6th person will be Locke, Jin, or Michael.

diggler

i assume that since their story is that 8 survived the crash and only 6 made it back, that means they had two dead bodies to account for. so i'm guessing 8 people make it off the island but two die along the way? i don't know how they would pull that off as it's obvious who wouldn't make it. there's something else going on here, i don't think claire is dead.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

©brad

also, naomi said the plane wreckage was found and all the passengers were confirmed dead. the news went on to report this to the world. so, how does the oceanic 6 fit in to this story?

Quote from: hacksparrow on February 22, 2008, 09:28:00 AM
That's Claire's Aaron.  Jack and/or Kate took Aaron from Claire before leaving the island and Jack feels guilty about it.
why would he feel guilty?

edison

Quote from: ©MBBrad on February 22, 2008, 10:48:00 AM
Quote from: hacksparrow on February 22, 2008, 09:28:00 AM
That's Claire's Aaron.  Jack and/or Kate took Aaron from Claire before leaving the island and Jack feels guilty about it.
why would he feel guilty?

because either claire died and maybe he is responsible or she is still on the island (willingly or not) and gave him to kate to raise and that is one of the reasons for going back. Remember also that perhaps at some point Jack may find out that claire is his half-sister so any theory about claires whereabouts can add to jacks guilt

JG

i don't really get the confusion here. back in the real world, it is thought that everyone is dead. back on the island six people decide to leave. someone/something requires them to make up a story so no one knows about the island. the story is this: a freighter finds six thought to be dead survivors who swam to shore when the plane crashed. there were originally eight but they couldn't save the other two. the question is, how do they justify the baby? in their version of how it went down is claire one of the 8? did kate have a baby on island? either way, aaron is not apart of the 6, because he did not survive the plane crash. he will just be another part of the amazing story that is the oceanic six.

jack could be unwilling to see aaron for a number of reasons. the most simple is that it reminds him of the island.

this show is fun!

Sleepless

My thoughts are that 8 of them managed to get to shore, but that somewhere along the way 2 of them died. If nothing else, it adds to the believability of the story they've concocted that some of the survivors would later die.

I also had an idea about Aaron - that if Jack didn't want to see him maybe Claire died, and Jack couldn't save her despite his best efforts. That would make sense.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

©brad

Quote from: JG on February 22, 2008, 11:36:12 AMjack could be unwilling to see aaron for a number of reasons. the most simple is that it reminds him of the island.

hahah, that's what reminds him of the island, the baby? not seeing kate or being constantly revered as one of the oceanic 6, it's the baby that brings back all those painful island memories!

Quote from: edison on February 22, 2008, 11:05:17 AMbecause either claire died and maybe he is responsible or she is still on the island (willingly or not) and gave him to kate to raise and that is one of the reasons for going back. Remember also that perhaps at some point Jack may find out that claire is his half-sister so any theory about claires whereabouts can add to jacks guilt.

yeah that makes sense. it's pretty chilling when you remember how kate spoke with such conviction when she protested that her lawyer not bring in "MY SON."

another thing, the scene when claire and kate are doing laundry, and kate refues to pick up aaron, citing that she's not good with babies, i could've sworn there's been scenes in past seasons when kate has gleefully picked up and carried aaron for claire. is her hesitation to embrace the baby now a result of her suspicion that she herself may be pregnant? but then that doesn't really hold water b/c she tells sawyer with much confidence that she's not pregnant. but i guess she could be wrong...

diggler

ok after a little discussion here at work, i definitely agree that aaron is not one of the oceanic 6.  if he didn't have a ticket, he wasn't a passenger. plus, kate is claiming to be the biological mother, and it's documented that she wasn't pregnant when she boarded 815.  so according to their story, even a pre-birth aaron wasn't on the plane.

this of course raises a lot of questions about the time differentials. since it appears that they will be off the island before too long, how can kate claim that she got pregnant AND gave birth on the island? plus, how much time has really lapsed between them getting off and jack's eventual downfall? it has to be at least a year or two before the trial, and jack seems fine at that point. i'm guessing once they return to the island, only a short amount of time has passed there and the show will pick right up where it left off when they left.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty