The Terminal

Started by modage, July 17, 2003, 12:11:39 PM

Just Withnail

The poster is a bit Gumpy and Catch me if you can-ish, but I loved the trailer. Beautifully shot, never overplayed comedy...here's to hoping it's just as good as Catch me. I must say I really love this new direction Spielberg's taking (although War of the Worlds will surely put him back on familiar grounds).

cine

Quote from: WithnailThe poster is a bit Gumpy and Catch me if you can-ish,
Concept is very Moscow on the Hudson-ish.

mutinyco

"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

MacGuffin

After getting on me for not posting it, guess you didn't bother to look at the previous page. I even included the poster.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sal

Hehe, coming from that eastern european background myself, I think Hanks had it right on.  Fun trailer.  I also like where Spielberg's going.  You can see this is a logical step from Catch Me like Minority was from A.I.

modage

looks interesting.  am not jumping up and down with excitement over the concept but i LOVE spielberg and with hanks in it, it could very easily be very good.  neat simple graphic design for the logo looks like catchmeifyoucan.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mutinyco

Saw the poster. Didn't see the link at the bottom.  8)
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Redlum

I cant wait! I love Steven Spielberg.

Walking into glass doors like Barry Egan.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Quote from: ®edlum

Walking into glass doors like Barry Egan.

astute observation
context, context, context.

bonanzataz

i prefer it when spielberg does science fiction. he's better at that.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: bonanzatazi prefer it when spielberg does science fiction. he's better at that.

i agree.......i'm not that excited about this one either.looks like a  drawn out situation that could be in a cheesy sitcom..like the king of queens or something....

mutinyco

This sure as hell looks like science fiction to me. Tom Hanks with an accent? Catherine Zeta-Jones playing a normal person? Beats spider robots any day.

-St. Joe

mogwai

zeta jones is looking forward to ruin yet another movie.

El Duderino

Quote from: mutinycoKatherine Zeta-Jones

Catherine...spelled with a K. Now that's the spielberg i like.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

mutinyco

You must be faking quotes...  :shock:

-St. Joe