Started by MacGuffin, May 06, 2010, 05:30:37 PM

Pubrick

Freida Pinto means this will be shit.

At least the scenes with her in it.
under the paving stones.

cronopio 2

you can't go wrong with rapey gorilla.

SiliasRuby

is it weird that I'm kinda looking forward to this film?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

cronopio 2

Reel

you guys know its good right? It's really good and action packed and emotionally gripping and I hadn't been in a theater for 8 months so I'm glad it didn't suck

RegularKarate

It is really good.  I got past the fact that my parent's tardiness forced me to sit in the front. 

KILLER effects.  Visual Effects Oscar is already being engraved.
I LOVE when a movie with great effects is still a really well-made movie.  There are some dumb moments, but just enough for a summer movie.  Really really liked this one.  Next to Attack the Block, it's probably my favorite summer movie.

Mr.

I was expecting the Deep Blue Sea angle on it (dumb apes + medicin=strong war-mongering apes).
But what surprised me was the emotional depth this summer blockbuster movie had. It does't rush Ceasars evolution but show him slowly grow. I really felt for Ceasar and every scene with him was fascinating.
There were moments where you could really see him think and try to solve things. And it was all in his eyes. That must have been incredibly hard work for the animators...or maybe not, when it´s the ape-acting expert of all time acting it out :)

But:
Even though it was so well structured it was amazing to see how dumb some scenes were. The Jacobs character could change his mind in a dime and every line delivered was one-dimensional. So was Landons. He was just too easy to hate.

SPOILERS!!
I had hoped for an ending were the apes would start to make planet earth there own. When they´re all in the trees in the end, it was almost like "And they lived happily ever after in the forest". I wanted some hint of what was about to happen.
I guess it was a hint, but how was a big question mark. So when the two extra scenes that shows how men dies all over the world starts during the end credits, it felt weird to me. I couldn´t help thinking: "Wouldn´t it have been great that we saw how the virus spreads all over the world..and THEN the apes in the trees, looking over San Fran? So now it´s just a matter of time".

I dont´know.
But then I read that the director was hoping for a sequel to show how the apes really took over the world.
Fine by me, I´ll be in my seat with cola and candy, waiting :)

SiliasRuby

A Summer blockbuster with substance and heart. Don't think I would have figured that but after reading a whole lot of positive reviews from what I think could have been downright horrific. Franco wasn't bad-not that I was expecting him to be bad but he was solid enough to think he has more to bring to the table than he stoner persona that he gets stuck in from time to time.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection