TOP 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2005 - A LIST Thread

Started by modage, January 07, 2005, 03:32:24 PM

JG

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManWhat a shitty year for movies.

Honestly, 2005 was by far the worst year for movies.

i can't think of one amazing movie that I've seen this year.  There aren't any movies that have even tempted me to go to the cinemas, except Sin City (so far my best movie of the year).  I will be seeing Broken Flowers though.

NEON MERCURY

you guys are craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy... :elitist:

this year:  star wars/the fountain/the new world
be lucky to be alive..that alone makes up for the past couple of years...

modage

Quote from: JimmyGatorI will be seeing Broken Flowers though.
i hear thats good.  :yabbse-thumbup:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: JimmyGatorThere aren't any movies that have even tempted me to go to the cinemas, except Sin City (so far my best movie of the year).
so u only see movies u think will be good (based on hype apparently and the marketing department's ability to tempt u), and even then u choose movies that aren't that good. and then u blame the year?
under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: killafilmSyriana anyone???
in the new EW, the (ever-shifting) release date is now NOV 23rd.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

It doesn't matter what I anticipate because I either have to drive about 2 hours to get to the nearest decent theater.   (Which I did to see 2001 being screened about a week ago, but that was toooootally worth it)

The theaters around here are overpriced, run the shittiest movies and are very uncomfortable (especially for the 10 bucks I'm dishing out).

I could either take a girl out on a date to the movies and pay for everything, or buy a Criterion and have her over to watch it at my house.  I usually go with the latter.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye