TOP 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2005 - A LIST Thread

Started by modage, January 07, 2005, 03:32:24 PM

socketlevel

what about megaopolis or whatever it's called.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

El Duderino

Sin City
A Scanner Darkly
Batman Begins
King Kong
Revenge of the Sith
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Cars
The Fountain
War of the Worlds (despite the shitty trailer)
The Weather Man
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

modage

Quote from: El DuderinoCars
this got pushed back to summer '06.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

samsong

The New World
The Big Red One Reconstruction
Masculine Feminine
Eros
Major Dundee: The Extended Version
Paris, je t'aime
Saraband
2046 (seeing it in a theater, anyway)
Paint
Batman Begins
The Fountain
A Scanner Darkly
Land of Plenty
Don't Come Knockin'
A History of Violence
Melinda and Melinda
Match Point
The Black Dahlia

El Duderino

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: El DuderinoCars
this got pushed back to summer '06.

that hurts my soul. i'd also like to add jarhead to my list.

tpfkabi

i have yet to see Undertow, but i wonder if David Gordon Green will release a film in '05.

and will 2005 see the release of a new PTA film?
hopefully some info will surface.
surely he will at least start filming something this year.
i read a rumor of a completed top secret script.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

ono

Quote from: bigideasi have yet to see Undertow, but i wonder if David Gordon Green will release a film in '05.
Not with Dunces, that cursed project, stalled.

Quoteand will 2005 see the release of a new PTA film?
hopefully some info will surface.
surely he will at least start filming something this year.
i read a rumor of a completed top secret script.
Look for some news around the end of March.

Seriously, fat chance, but what rumor was that you read?

For me this year is way too new to call, or to be excited about anything.  The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe could be great.  LotR/Harry Potter potential, if they really get it right.  But on a smaller scale, because the books aren't nearly as popular these days, as far as I know.  Others: Palindromes, Goblet of Fire, Sin City, 2046, Melinda and Melinda, Land of Plenty, The Fountain, Paint, Eros, A Scanner Darkly, The New World, and The Tulse Luper Suitcases: The Moab Story (though it's been out since 2003, really, it's yet to see the light of day in the US).

modage

Quote from: samsongThe Black Dahlia
oh yeah, i forgot about this.  imdb says it starts shooting in march, so this should be released this year or maybe next.  i'm assuming you mean the depalma one, because if you mean the ramzi abed one, i'm not with you.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Quote from: themodernage02i'm assuming you mean the depalma one, because if you mean the ramzi abed one, i'm not with you.

Ha ha!

Oh, and I'm also looking forward to Romance And Cigarettes. Forgot to mention that one.

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

Myxo

Quote from: BethieElizabethtown.

That is all.

..after the stinker that was Vanilla Sky, he's got a lot of making up to do, that Cameron Crowe.

tpfkabi

after reading this thread i went to imdb and was just doing searches on all the directors i could think of. it listed an "untitled Quentin Tarantino project." i guess this is referring to the film he wanted to do quick after shooting so long for Kill Bill. when i looked up PTA there was a thread that just said the script was finished but was top secret.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

yeah we can cross our fingers, but i think its very unlikely that QT or PTA will be releasing a film this year.  or FFC for that matter.

El Duderino

Quote from: Myxomatosis

That is all.

..after the stinker that was Vanilla Sky, he's got a lot of making up to do, that Cameron Crowe.

i dont like you anymore

cine

Quote from: Myxomatosis

That is all.
dude.. Bethie is so going to kick your ass now.