eternal sunshine de l'mind spotless..

Started by Satcho9, February 03, 2003, 10:15:53 PM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: N the E digital O rape N
Quote from: Pubrick-oh and the back of eligga's head was also a highlight.
.....hahaha.....who's that?

"i just ate sum crap"

perfect......... :wink:

Myxo

I am viewer number 10,000 for the "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" thread!! Woooohoooo!

*does Leonardo Decraprio impression*

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

ProgWRX

nothing more to say about this film that hasnt been said already...
i absolutely loved it.
-Carlos

"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

cine

ono

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: 82#44
:?:
I imagine this is what he's referring to: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338013/

Slick Shoes

Some of you may be familiar with the reviewer 'tedg' on imdb. He always has something interesting to say. Below are his comments on Eternal Sunshine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Comments:

tedg (tedg@alum.mit.edu)
Virginia Beach

Date: 10 April 2004
Summary: The Size of the Brick

Spoilers herein.

What an exciting time to be alive! We can actually go to our corner theater and participate in the invention of a new medium. Fundamental elements of the vocabulary are still being explored and invented.

I knew that I was witnessing something important halfway through. Superficially this is another Kaufman exercise in self-reference. Those are always interesting, he knows how to fold the story with methods of telling the story plus a third story about those methods. There's some of that here, but it is shoehorned into the `big idea' that wasn't his in the first place. So although you have one of the most powerful folding actors ever (Winslet), the real advance here is in another area.

Hundreds of films have tried to portray dreams and visions, folding them into `reality.' Some are blunt (`What Dreams may Come'), others frantic (`Pi') and puzzling

(`Mulholland Dr'). No one has yet managed the arbitrary slipperiness of visions as successfully as Tarkovsky in `Nostalgia.'

Part of Tarkovsky's genius is in making ordinary objects exotic by bending the context. But he does his work in large chunks.

Any filmmaker, the real ones, make an early decision about the materials of their creation, just as an architect does. In architecture, you can choose to make the structure out of bricks. These things actually hold the building up. Then you have to design the brick. What's the right size?

Tarkovsky used large bricks, so we could read them from a distance. Rodriguez , for instance, in his second act of `Once Upon a Time in Mexico,' used what looks like small bricks, but they are just for show: they carry no narrative.

What we have here are small bricks, small minivignettes that come at blinding speed from all tenses and actually hold up the narrative. You need an intelligent actor to help carry this off and in this case we have the redoubtable Kate who is one of our most intelligent masters of this sort of architectural material. After all, her very first film (`heavenly Creatures') was about this same matter: how small a fantasy or memory could be and still create reality.

Ted's Evaluation -- 3 of 3: Worth watching.

ono

Really sparse comments from him.  For once I wish he would've gone into even more detail as I knew he could.  The analogy he creates is great, but it needs to be fleshed out more.

Redlum

A Bit Of Ruffalo
Mark Speaks His Spotless Mind

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/features/interviews/interviews.asp?IID=97

Cant wait for its release here at the end of the week.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

cine

SiliasRuby

Source: Digital Bits
One other interesting bit of news today - Universal will release Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on 9/28. No word yet on extras.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

A Matter Of Chance

picolas

just so no one thinks that was the new post

Quote from: SiliasRuby, on the previous page,Source: Digital Bits
One other interesting bit of news today - Universal will release Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on 9/28. No word yet on extras.