eternal sunshine de l'mind spotless..

Started by Satcho9, February 03, 2003, 10:15:53 PM

Alethia

Quote from: bigideasthere are a lot of monkeys.....well, at least in BJM and Human Nature

didnt the original ending of adaptation involve a simian of some sort?  or am i psychotic?

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: eward
Quote from: bigideasthere are a lot of monkeys.....well, at least in BJM and Human Nature

didnt the original ending of adaptation involve a simian of some sort?  or am i psychotic?
I'm afraid I know not of what you speak.

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: ewarddidnt the original ending of adaptation involve a simian of some sort?  or am i psychotic?
A swamp-monster, yes.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Chest Rockwell

8.7/10 out of 7,050 votes or some-such, placing #49 on IMDb's top 250 list. Wowsers.

ono

So basically, Internet geeks still love it.  I'm surprised Lost in Translation hasn't taken a dip yet, which shows it's a rather universal film.  (Though you wouldn't believe the girls in my screenwriting who hated it because, well, for one reason, "nothing happened.")  Oddly enough, all the guys loved it.  I digress, though.  Point being, there was a time when even Punch-Drunk Love was in the Top 250.  Miss those days.  But once the mainstream got wind of it and heard Sandler was in it, once it was released on DVD, down it dropped.

Adaptation., though, interestingly enough, always hovered at the bottom of the Top 250 when it first came out.  Signs that most of the people saw it, appreciated it, but realized it was somewhat broken.  Odd thing is, with this Kaufman, once more mainstream viewers heard about it, its popularity soared, hence its high rating now.  Ditto with Malkovich.  It'll be interesting to see how the public really reacts to this Kaufman, come DVD release and Oscar season.

Pubrick

funnier than i was told.
cleverer than i imagined.
perfect as i hoped.

ps. can sumone tell me which pages of this thread i should read that hav relevant content discussing the movie?
under the paving stones.

ono

Page 12 has an interview you said you didn't want to read until you saw the movie because it's full of spoilers.  Godardian commented on page 12, as did neon and modage.  Walrus and Cinebunny on 13.  And I'm just mentioning people who actually wrote more than (WOW, OMG BEST MOVIE EVER!!!).  picolas and ebes on page 14.  Gloria on page 15.  I commented on page 16 and 17.  samsong on 17.  Mac on page 18.  Weirdo1769 and pete on page 20.  SHAFTR on page 21.  And last but not least, GT rips it a new asshole on page 21.  There's some more back and forth on 24 and 25, re: dropped subplots and the finer points of the film.  GT posted a Kaufman review on page 26.  RegularKarate on page 26.  ©brad freaks out like ebeaman on page 27.  Sorry for anyone I missed.  Sometimes posts that are longer than one sentence actually don't suck, y'know?  And yes, I'm bored.  Garfield was right.  Mondays suck.

Pubrick

holy crap, thanks for that summary Paella. i read it all now and u forgot the great interview on p27!

it seems those who didn't like it are bitter/stupid. GT, i'm afraid that movies are seriously not what u think they are.. it's almost as if ur stuck, or ageing rapidly.

sumthing i forgot to mention before..
-thank you to everyone for spoiling every image in the movie though their avatars.. much appreciated.
-and was i the only person who saw a picture of winslet on an elephant statue like a year ago? was that a part of this?? anyway, the elephants were veryverygood.
-finally, this look..

worth price of admission.
-oh and the back of eligga's head was also a highlight.
under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: Pubrick
-thank you to everyone for spoiling every image in the movie though their avatars.. much appreciated.
hah, no problem.  i like to think of it as the whole TRAILOR distilled into one image.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

Quote from: Pubrick-and was i the only person who saw a picture of winslet on an elephant statue like a year ago? was that a part of this??
they must've cut stuff.

do some quality thigh-caressing and you'll find little pieces ..

there's also more  fluff now. at the top.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pubrick
-oh and the back of eligga's head was also a highlight.

.....hahaha.....who's that?

Kal

Pubrick

Quote from: picolasthigh-caressing
boy am i glad i avoided that puddle of devil-jizz.
Quote from: picolas ..
that was freaky fun. thanks.

Quote from: N the E digital O rape N
Quote from: Pubrick-oh and the back of eligga's head was also a highlight.
.....hahaha.....who's that?

"i just ate sum crap"
under the paving stones.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

mutinyco

Rumor has it that Michel Gondry will be taping an interview with Charlie Rose later this week...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe