eternal sunshine de l'mind spotless..

Started by Satcho9, February 03, 2003, 10:15:53 PM

Chest Rockwell

Some people just don't understand the mechanics of business.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: MacGuffinYes, the main character develops a technique to control his dreams. He's in love with a girl, and he tries to use the dream to be with her in a way. But even in the dream, it doesn't work. He gets so involved in his dream that he gets stuck between the dream and real life. And the people in the dream don't want him to wake up, because they're afraid he won't come back to the dream and they won't exist anymore.
I'm kinda upset at this, 'cause I had written two short stories with a very similar idea with the intentions of turning one of them into a screenplay. So now I can't really do it since it'll seem like I'm just using Gondry's idea.

On the other hand, his idea sounds better than mine. :|
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

El Duderino

Quote from: ranemaka13
I'm kinda upset at this, 'cause I had written two short stories with a very similar idea with the intentions of turning one of them into a screenplay. So now I can't really do it since it'll seem like I'm just using Gondry's idea.

tough break. yeah, that happened with me when Gus Van Sant did Elephant,  I always wanted to do a school shooting movie.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Chest Rockwell

I've always wanted to do an ensemble high-school movie. Elephant isn't really it, and I haven't seen Kids, but that one sounded kinda like what I wanted to do.

Sleuth

I've always wanted to do a movie about
I like to hug dogs

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: SlombI've always wanted to do a movie about
What was with the TRAILOR thing, slomb?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

meatball

This movie shined, especially after seeing Secret Window and Hellboy.

mutinyco

Bonanzataz, were you constantly going to the bathroom while you were working with her, or have calmed down more recently?
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

El Scorchoz

Have any of you guy's noticed Kauffman's obsession with panties. In Malkovich the guy had Malkovich sniff someone's dirty underwear. In Eternal he has a guy steal some undies, and then there were the couple of shots of Clementine's panties. This fucker is definately a panty-sniffer i think.
Who snatched Lilo's coffee???

El Duderino

Quote from: El ScorchozHave any of you guy's noticed Kauffman's obsession with panties

and weird hair, Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz namely.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

tpfkabi

there are a lot of monkeys.....well, at least in BJM and Human Nature
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Pubricktrailer.
The thing I'm referring to is spelled 'trailor'

Chester R Pennywinkle

Smashing good. This fine picture-show was pleasently enjoyed by my fellow colleagues and I  after a fine meal and bustling debate over the price of railroad stocks.
Rather...