I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Ravi on August 28, 2007, 12:44:40 AM
Quote from: SiliasRuby on August 26, 2007, 09:05:58 AM
Quote from: Ravi on August 26, 2007, 01:04:19 AM
Silias, really?  Ishtar?
Have you seen it or not? Because if you have and you didn't like it, that's fine. But don't criticize my choices for movies that I really enjoy. It's actually pretty damn good and I hink ahead of it's time. But hey, that's only one opinion.

I haven't seen it, but is it such a weird question to ask about a notorious mega-flop?
No, I was just pissed off and I assumed like I always do that you (like 85 percent of person on this board) were being sarcastic
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

cine

john

^

Ooooohhhh, I've heard good things.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: SiliasRuby on August 28, 2007, 12:54:56 AM
Quote from: Ravi on August 28, 2007, 12:44:40 AM
Quote from: Ravi on August 26, 2007, 01:04:19 AM
Silias, really?  Ishtar?
Have you seen it or not? Because if you have and you didn't like it, that's fine. But don't criticize my choices for movies that I really enjoy. It's actually pretty damn good and I hink ahead of it's time. But hey, that's only one opinion.

I haven't seen it, but is it such a weird question to ask about a notorious mega-flop?
No, I was just pissed off and I assumed like I always do that you (like 85 percent of person on this board) were being sarcastic

I'm honestly still kind of confused that you like it.  Is it a kitsch value thing or is it actually good?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

hedwig

Quote from: Walrus on August 28, 2007, 01:27:20 PM
I'm honestly still kind of confused that you like it.  Is it a kitsch value thing or is it actually good?

But don't criticize my choices for movies that I really enjoy. It's actually pretty damn good and I hink ahead of it's time.

bonanzataz

Quote from: edison on August 27, 2007, 09:13:44 PM

god, they're making a special edition of this piece of shit? why do people like this movie other than for the unintentional camp value?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

mogwai

Quote from: bonanzataz on August 28, 2007, 04:04:08 PM
Quote from: edison on August 27, 2007, 09:13:44 PM

god, they're making a special edition of this piece of shit? why do people like this movie other than for the unintentional camp value?

which one do you prefer? the werner herzog version?

i wasn't sarcastic there, just wondering. the herzog version is great but there's not enough gore to get me off. :yabbse-grin:

OrHowILearnedTo

i Havn't bought anything in a long time, so i had to make up for it with some primo titles

SiliasRuby

My Collection

modage

Quote from: SiliasRuby on September 01, 2007, 10:41:25 AM

don't you mean...

Year Of The Dog
My Dog Skip
Fido (pre-order)
Bingo (VHS)
Turner And Hooch
Beethoven's 2nd
Air Bud Boxset
Heaven's Gate
?

(you know, because you buy a lot of movies).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

hehehe. I'm very picky when it comes to movies about dogs but some TV stuff is in the mail, coming soon.

My Collection

pete

why would you buy that?  I paid to see that movie and was so bummed out that I didn't go see another movie for like five weeks.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on September 01, 2007, 02:23:55 PM
Heaven's Gate

ha. probly wasn't intentional, but it's great cos silias would be in such a dog-movie buying fever that he just goes for the approximate title.. and STILL thinks it's about dogs.

and being the ruler of North Korea.. well.
under the paving stones.

edison

SiliasRuby

X Files Season 6
The River-Criterion
Playtime-Criterion (Reissue)
Vanishing point
The Postman always rings twice (wih lana turner)
The Number 23
all for 83 bucks at interact in pasadena.

My Collection