I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

samsong

modage

I was having brunch with a friend who ran into a friend who works at Lionsgate and i was like "Mad Men  :yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup:" and I told him I just started watching the show and he said he would send me the DVD's.  and so he did.  true story. 

this is not just "Something That Happened."  This cannot be "One of Those Things."

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

w/o horse

Took advantage of the awesome DDD sale going on and picked up:

City of the Living Dead
CompaƱeros
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

SiliasRuby

Yeah, your right Redlum. I've been reading them fora week or so now and that is the only film that I sincerely wanted to blind buy, since it was only 3.99. The film noir films that he's been reviewing are on my wishlist and in box sets that I haven't picked up yet. I've really enjoyed reading them.

My Collection

Ravi

Quote from: Bethie on July 21, 2008, 12:36:04 AM
after telling myself to stop spending so much money, DDD has to go and have a Criterion sale.

It was hard, but I limited myself to just two titles from the sale.

Sleepless

Me too. Both ones I'd been wanting to get for a while anyway.

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

SiliasRuby

Campy Bad, here's the review from amazon.com:

Considering that Andrzej Sekula, director of The Pleasure Drivers, was Quentin Tarantino's cinematographer on Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, it's not too surprising that this 2005 film sometimes echoes the latter's approach. Indeed, were it not for the fact that the story makes little sense, the dialogue isn't funny, the characters are poorly drawn, and the acting is almost uniformly sub-par, you might think this was the work of Tarantino himself. As it is, Sekula has made a movie that clearly values style over substance, achieving a modicum of the former and almost none of the latter. Screenwriter Adam Haynes' story revolves primarily around a low-life "caregiver" (Lauren Holly) tending to a mentally unstable young man (Angelo Spizzirri) whose father, some kind of cult leader, has been less than forthcoming with the financial support she depends on; her solution is to kidnap the kid's equally weird sister (Steffany Huckaby). Meanwhile, a full-of-himself professor-therapist (Angus MacFadyen) who constantly whispers Freudian drivel into a tape recorder finds himself rejected by his wife and glommed on to by an oversexed student (Lacy Chabert). These folks, along with "a vicious lesbian hit woman" (no, really), come together somewhere in the Southern California desert, where the film mercifully comes to a close. Sekula favors moody lighting and odd camera angles, the better to illuminate a cast of scenery-chewing, unlikable characters drifting through a tale that will intrigue almost no one. The cover blurb notes that The Pleasure Drivers has been "described as funny, sexy, edgy and dangerous." Maybe so, but that description must have come from someone who didn't actually see it. --Sam Graham

My Collection

samsong

i'm never going to buy another dvd again.

SiliasRuby

My god, I'm so proud of you samsong.

My Collection

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

SiliasRuby

Ordered from a combination of Deepdiscount DVD, Amazon, and Ebay.

My Collection

how do you guys still fit in your  living space/ sleep at night?
context, context, context.