I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

cine

haha just another weird generalization. if i'm not a homeowner, i must be living with my parents.

toronto's got a lot of apartments, you know.  :yabbse-thumbup:

Stefen

Arguing with you is like arguing with Kal. Except whereas Kal tries to hide his bitterness with straight talk, you try and hide yours with sarcasm.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

sarcasm doesn't hide it because i think that's the point of sarcasm.

Stefen

What made you blow a gasket at my initial comment?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Quote from: Cinephile on September 06, 2007, 10:17:13 AMyou're the king of weird theories and generalizations and with this one, you knocked it out of the park.

but you keep associating it with anger which i don't understand. i thought it was a ridiculous thing for you to say so i piggybacked onto it.

Stefen

You were just mean about it though, not funny at all (I know that's not your strong suit, but still) it's like the bully picking on the class clown if the bully was a nerdy peter pan'ish never wanna grow up type dude who was worse at everything than the class clown.

See Ravis response. Now that's a response.

Stefen

Anyways...

Do any of you feel weird buying DVD's since they will be obsolete pretty soon?

It's the main reason I don't buy DVD's anymore. I hate those dickheads who have a huge VHS collection. It's like, grow up.

Living in the digital age, we'll probably go through 5 phases of things that carry our favorite movies. That's alot of money down the drain. Let's say 1 phase every 10 years.

Redlum

Yeah I'm conflicted whether to get the Graduate SE.

But I doubt there'll come a time when I re-buy certain DVDs in my collection in HD (Less Than Zero, In Good Company and The Mummy Returns spring to mind). That makes the whole thing a bit more palatable.

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

SiliasRuby

The Office Season 3
30 Rock Season 1
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Season 1 and 2 (If you haven't seen this do, it's really really good)
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

SiliasRuby

Hamlet-the kenneth branagh version and the 2000 year version with ethan hawke
The proposition
Criminal
Code 46
Devil in the flesh
James Bond Vol. 1 Ultimate Edition
Wild Strawberries-Criterion
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

Quote from: SiliasRuby on September 10, 2007, 07:05:42 PM
Hamlet- the 2000 year version with ethan hawke

woah, and they say the branagh version is long.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: SiliasRuby on September 10, 2007, 07:05:42 PM
Hamlet-the kenneth branagh version and the 2000 year version with ethan hawke

The 2000 year version stars Mel Brooks.

Ravi

mogwai