What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

Banky

Quote from: Pubrick

it didn't hav a chance.

it did make like 150 million domestically

Pubrick

exactly, so what are u complaining about.
under the paving stones.

Banky

im not but by you saying that it didnt have a chance would imply that it failed misserably and while it was not the phenom that the other two installments were, it still made respectable box office

cine

Quote from: Bankyit still made respectable box office
That's only because it was the final Matrix movie. Everyone had to see how it ended. But then they did and the word was spread quickly that it wasn't worth it. This is why it made maybe half of what Reloaded made.

Pubrick

we were never talking about box office, dude. if u recall, ur complaint was that "lots of ppl u know" didn't even realise Revolutions came out in cinemas. u were saying it was bad marketing, and sumone else said that it was bad/no word of mouth. i said it was BOTH, cos really they can both be true. ie. it was impeded on two fronts, which gave it very little chance to be heard about, provided that ur marketing theory and my bad word of mouth theory are true.

so the real conclusion here is, since it made so much damn money, that the ppl u know (the subject of the original conversation) are just clueless or had better things to do at the time of Revolution's release. u see?
under the paving stones.

Kal

the reality is that when reloaded came up they needed to do a massive marketing campaign that would let everyone know that The Matrix was back and all that crap... they made all kinds of deals with Powerade and other brands so that EVERYTHING would be The Matrix... and all the magazines and everything was about it... so it worked...

The fact that all the articles promoting Reloaded were already talking about Revolutions and the final instalment, and that Reloaded ended with a sign saying"to be continued", it was obvious that everyone who liked the 2nd one should have been waiting for the third one.

They did some marketing and they had a lot of PR... and they didnt do a bad job... especially since they did the simultaneous openning around the world and all the theatres exploded since the early morning... everywhere.

but then the reviews were bad... people were dissapointed... other Oscar-worthy blockbusters started coming out... and people just lost interest... and then I think these guys didnt push it... because they just let it die and they didnt do more and more promotion...

The fact that it didnt get even nominated for ANY award made also an impact on the people who at that time of the year are all about the Golden Globes, Oscars, etc...

It did make money because it had to... there was no possibility of the movie to not make money as a lot of Matrix fans were expecting it... its lke ROTK but the difference was that the impact on the media, critics, etc... was totally the opposite... everyone loved ROTK so much that people that never saw LOTR in their lives went to watch it...

©brad

Banky

picolas

don't forget how everyone didn't like reloaded. that was mostly why. along with it not being too good and not seizing the opportunity it had...yes i can't hide it any longer from my face.. case closed.

Banky

guys its not up for discussion anymore because Picolas said Case Closed

picolas

Quote from: Bankyguys its not up for discussion anymore because Picolas said Case Closed
Done Debating the Absurdity

Banky

Quote from: picolas
Quote from: Banky
Done Debating the Absurdity

are you?

Kal

picolas

Quote from: Bankyare you?
last i checked.

don't be so offended. i like saying "case closed." it means nothing more than "imho lol lol."

also, i think you're under the impression that i disliked Reloaded.

Banky

Quote from: picolas
Quote from: Bankyare you?

don't be so offended.

im not offended at all i was just fucking around

"ITs all cool in the gang"