What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

mogwai

MacGuffin

Whatever the price, I'll pay it.

Add drool  :arrow:  :yabbse-tongue:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

it says £44.99 at the site i got the information from.

that's about $79.18

Myxo

mogwai

the digital bits

Anyone out there up for The Ultimate Matrix Collection? According to the Wachowski Brothers, who made a rare public appearance at the recent Comic-Con to talk about the DVDs, it's on the way in December. They were part of a Warner Bros. DVD panel on Saturday, which happened right before the big Lucasfilm Star Wars panel, so it seems not many people from the online DVD world were in attendance to hear them talk (including us).

A promo was shown revealing two versions of the set, including a more expensive Collector's Edition Gift Set that includes a Neo minibust from Gentle Giant and a soundtrack CD. As we've heard before, this will be a 10-disc set as follows:

Disk 1 - The Matrix (digitally remastered and recolored)
Disk 2 - The Matrix Revisited (The SAME disc already released)
Disk 3 - The Matrix Reloaded
Disk 4 - The Matrix Reloaded Revisited
Disk 5 - The Matrix Revolutions
Disk 6 - The Matrix Revolutions Revisited
Disk 7 - The Animatrix (The SAME disc already released)
Disk 8 - The Roots of the Matrix
Disk 9 - The Burly Man Chronicles
Disk 10 - The Zion Archive

Here's additional information the Wachowskis revealed at the panel:

Despite rumors, there will be no new director's cuts. The brothers said they were very happy with the original theatrical versions.

There will be two audio commentaries for each film - one from philosophers Ken Wilber and Cornel West (who analyze the meanings behind the films), and one from three professional critics who hated all three films (no names given). According to Andy Wachowski, "It's the best idea we've ever had. It's hilarious. They just sit there and rip the shit out of us for six hours."

All the footage shot for the Enter the Matrix videogame is present on the DVD for Matrix Reloaded. However, it is not cut into the film - it's a separate special feature you can view scene-by-scene.

Finally, the Wachowskis said that none of the special features from the original DVD releases of the trilogy will be reproduced except for what you find on Discs 2 and 7. You may see some of the same footage re-edited, but if you want to own all of the extras you'll need to keep your original DVDs too.

So there you have it, straight from a Bits reader who was there. Todd and I actually saw the Wachowskis at the Burly Man booth in the dealer room, so we know there were on hand for all the Comic-Con fun. Our thanks to Doug for his efforts and for sending all this information to us to post for all of you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

We're back AGAIN today with still more information on Warner's The Ultimate Matrix DVD Gift Set (TBA, due in December). As a reward for taking an online survey over at the Warner Home Video website, Bits reader Jeremy H. was able to learn some new details about the set... AND get some pics for you too!

According to Warner's survey, the 10-disc The Ultimate Matrix DVD Gift Set will include the three Matrix movies, The Animatrix and 6 discs of "enhanced content" with over 35 hours of bonus material. SRP is expected to be in the range of $59.99. It looks like there will also be more elaborate (and more expensive) version of the set that will include all 10 discs in special packaging, along with an "exclusive resin Neo bust and an 80-page book with never-before-seen artwork and storyboards."

Wanna look-see? Well, here you go...

MacGuffin

Tank, I need a download on a new pair of pants. I just creamed mine.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

I'm a little disappointed by no 3 hour cut of Reloaded.  But commentaries are nice (even if it's not from the Wachowski... ahem... siblings) and $60 for 10 discs is VERY nice.

NEON MERCURY

thats good sh*t........especially the commentary where the critics rip it .that really is a good idea..........and for once, the "better" edition has the worse packaging.thats a stupid looking plastic case.and i dont play w/ toys anymore..so no need for that lttle neo bust.........i think the regular packaging is fine......and the price is great.....

thanks for the info.........

Myxo

I was hoping for a documentary DVD of Andy's sex change operation.

Julius Orange

Quote from: MyxomatosisI was hoping for a documentary DVD of Andy's sex change operation.
LOL ya. (esp. the part where they cut off his penis!  :wink:   :-D

Thanks
email your opinnumber to NEW EMAIL juliusorange@gmail.com

bonanzataz

fuck it. i'm done with the wachowskis. this dvd is something i will not be buying.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ravi

It looks like they have those cheap thin CD-R cases holding the discs.

And what's the deal with statues and busts coming with DVDs?  First the LOTR extended cuts, now this, and the Hellboy 3-disc set will also have one.

Quote from: bonanzatazthis dvd is something i will not be buying.

Have you turned into Stefen?  :wink:

rustinglass

I wish they would sell these things separately, if I buy this, I'll buy 5 disks that I don't want. The same goes for the alien quadrology: ressurection is absolute shit, aliens is OK, but if I just want 1 and 3, I'm paying a shitload for disks that I don't care for.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

MacGuffin

Quote from: rustinglassThe same goes for the alien quadrology: ressurection is absolute shit, aliens is OK, but if I just want 1 and 3, I'm paying a shitload for disks that I don't care for.

They do sell the Alien DVDs separately; same content that's in the Quadrilogy. So you can just buy 1 and 3.

Skeleton FilmWorks

rustinglass

oh........ :oops:  I suck.
great news, I'll investigate more about it.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica