elephant

Started by gjg 4 REEL, September 23, 2003, 01:45:14 PM

Banky

wow that movie looks incredible.  When the two kids are walking in camo to the school i actually gasped......................................

Sleuth

yeah, it gave me chills
I like to hug dogs

Pedro

I've been obsessing over this trailer.  I haven't watched one like this since PDL....It's even overthrown Kill Bill.

edison

Great trailer, i liked the scene when the boy and girl run away and down the hall out-of-focus the kid is walking past.

Ghostboy

The poster is the best poster I've seen in a long time.

rustinglass

damn, that's freaky trailer, I would say one of the best. And I do believe -no I'm certain- that the music enhances that feeling in people. My sister told me once that people with suicidal tendencies should not listen to beethoven, otherwise they could snap.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

ono

Quote from: GhostboyThe poster is the best poster I've seen in a long time.
Poster linkage?

MrBurgerKing

:shock: This trailer gave me the chills... similar to my reaction when I took a bite upon the new Burger King chicken baguette sandwich.

Ghostboy

I did a Google image search for the poster, but it apparently isn't available yet. I saw it at the theater this morning. It's very stark and beautiful. The kind that works more as art than advertisement.

rustinglass

I love how he portraits the highschool. I got the feeling of shining-like corridors and the teenagers as wandering ghosts.

edit: found the poster, couldn't get a bigger one.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Ghostboy

That's not the one I saw.

Pedro

Quote from: rustinglassI love how he portraits the highschool. I got the feeling of shining-like corridors and the teenagers as wandering ghosts.

On the Cannes website they have a link to a clip...there's a steadicam shot that totally reminded me of the Shining...it was smoooooooth.

Ernie

Wow! I just watched the thing without any sound (broken speakers) and I'm still overwhelmed! This is really good to see, I can't wait. I mean, not just this being such a potentially great year for movies but also seeing Gus Van Sant get back into the groove. I haven't seen Gerry yet but I'll always respect it even if I do end up hating it. I mean, I've always loved his stuff...Drugstore Cowboy and My Own Private Idaho are two of my favorite movies and Good Will Hunting is really cool too. But between Private Idaho and Good Will Hunting, he kinda lost his touch (and then there's Finding Forrester, wtf was that?)...I am so happy to see him making movies again. This one definitely jumped up on my must see list, I might have waited for video if not for seeing such a great trailer.

Oh yea...there's definitely some Kubricky stuff in that trailer, from Van Sant's IMDB bio:

Favorite director is Stanley Kubrick

Finn

There are 6 teasers here along with some clips including the trailer:

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2003/Elephant/trailer-page.html
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

tpfkabi

Film Comment had an article on Elephant, and (i believe) an interview with Van Sant.......yes, i remember, they ask "why Psycho?"
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.