I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

Pas

Stefen

Brand new on sale for $16.99. God, I love Amazon. I had to bite.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Quote from: Stefen on January 11, 2011, 05:49:12 PM

Brand new on sale for $16.99. God, I love Amazon. I had to bite.

Got that too.  Plus these (for the free shipping qualification, and just because):

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Did you buy Lost in Translation that came out a couple weeks ago? It's on sale for $14.99 but I don't know if it's worth upgrading. Did it come with a slipsheet? I'm having a rule where I only buy new BD movies if they have a slipsheet or are under $10 but the slipsheets seem to only come on the first pressing if at all.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

I'm get pretty much everything new in blu-ray.  But I'm only really upgrading absolute favorite favorites and major series (Godfather, Alien, etc.)  Not sure LIT will make the cut.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

Toy Story 3 (Blu-ray)
Saving Private Ryan (Blu-ray)
The Social Network (Blu-ray)
Knight and Day (Blu-ray)
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

john

(all Blu)

Yesterday:

The Social Network
Robinson Crusoe on Mars
Army of Shadows

Today:

Piranha 3D
Last Boy Scout/Last Man Standing

I'm glad I upgraded Army of Shadows, and I can't wait to watch the accompanying documentaries on Social Network... but the one I'm most excited about is The Last Boy Scout. I have to work tomorrow, but fuck it.... I will deprive myself of sleep to watch that gem of Shane Black goodness in high definition RIGHT NOW.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

samsong

boogie nights
magnolia
charade
steamboat bill jr.
the imaginarium of dr. parnassus

and i couldn't help myself.  preemptive double dip.  (region-free)

SiliasRuby

The naked kiss (blu-ray)
Shock corridor (blu-ray)
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

mogwai

Quote from: wilderesque on January 20, 2011, 09:30:45 PM

Are you from sweden? Unless, that dvd has english subtitles? Välkommen.

Ravi

OrHowILearnedTo

at a blockbuster 5 for $10 sale:

and Palindromes for 1.99 (in the no cover bin)

Robyn

Quote from: wilderesque on January 20, 2011, 10:26:16 PM
Nope, California - and yes, it has English subtitles. Have you seen it? Maybe my favorite documentary ever.

I'm surprised that anyone outside of Sweden has seen that movie, haha.

Stefen

Oh, A.I. Nice.

Is there anything different on it that's not on the DVD

I don't like the way Janusz Kaminski's cinematography looks in HD and blu-ray. His style is always so washed out and devoid or color (in a good way) that I don't think it looks right on blu-ray. At least that's how I felt with Saving Private Ryan and Minority Report. I'll be picking up A.I. most likely since it's one of my favorites.

RegularKarate