Luc Besson's Banlieue 13

Started by meatball, August 10, 2005, 12:15:37 AM

meatball

It seems like pete is the only xixax member who takes an active interest in movies from all over the world... Don't half the members here live outside the US?

Written and produced by Luc Besson, a French action flick from last year.

Pubrick

Quote from: meatballIt seems like pete is the only xixax member who takes an active interest in movies from all over the world..
what the hell are u basing that on? ur hardly george plimpton urself.

ugh, and besson can lick my balls.
under the paving stones.

killafilm

I'd say that both La Femme Nikita and Leon are rather great pieces of action filmmaking.  I wish he'd make more movies.  Not really sure what to think of his next outing, http://www.arthurandtheminimoys.com/ .

hedwig

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: meatballIt seems like pete is the only xixax member who takes an active interest in movies from all over the world..

hahahha thank you . gotta love that pubrick..

meatball

Quote from: Pubrick

I'm basing it on the threads. Batman Begins and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory become overloaded with posts while Saraband gets three pages.

movies from sweden take like two years to get over here.
context, context, context.

Irulan

Luc Besson has been living off his Leon reputation for over a decade now. He lost all credibility when he attached his name to that awful Taxi series, not to mention a whole range of other B-movies. This looks like the same old merde...as usual.
something big is gonna happen oOo we don't want the loonies takin' over

pete

dude I totally posted about this a year ago!!  what happened?
anyways, this guy, David Belle, he's amazing and he's the founder of la pakour and the movie just cuts all the stunts all up, like yamakasi, and makes me really pissed.
have the ong bak crew shoot a film with this guy.
edit: oh shit, cyril raffaelli is in this too?  that guy has indestructable ankles.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

pete

- Buster Keaton

killafilm

Seems fun to me.  Kinda like a NIKE commercial, but still fun.  I'm still a fan of Bessons stories, both Kiss of the Dragon and Unleashed are solid action flicks.

pete

well the dude on the nike commercial was part of yamakasi, which was a pakour team that came outta belle's gym.  this david belle is the real deal man, he can like climb and jump and flip off of anything.  an urban monkey.
- Buster Keaton

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: killafilmSeems fun to me.  Kinda like a NIKE commercial, but still fun.  I'm still a fan of Bessons stories, both Kiss of the Dragon and Unleashed are solid action flicks.

hey! you! dont post here again..remember ONLY pete and meatball care about foreign cinema..... :nono:

matt35mm

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: killafilmSeems fun to me.  Kinda like a NIKE commercial, but still fun.  I'm still a fan of Bessons stories, both Kiss of the Dragon and Unleashed are solid action flicks.

hey! you! dont post here again..remember ONLY pete and meatball care about foreign cinema..... :nono:
Kiss of the Dragon and Unleashed were both released here and viewed by the common American slob at the multi-plex along with movies like Harry Potter, and were in English.  Fear not, Pete and Meatball's rep is still safe.

killafilm

Quote from: matt35mm
Quote from: NEON MERCURY

Kiss of the Dragon and Unleashed were both released here and viewed by the common American slob at the multi-plex along with movies like Harry Potter, and were in English.  Fear not, Pete and Meatball's rep is still safe.

That was close.  Well, I'm going to grab some freedom fries and watch me some Nascar. :doh:

pete

just got it, pretty stylish, some really fun action scenes, some obvious plot twists and a surprise speech about classism and democracy.  the two main leads do some pretty crazy stunts though.  if you're actually into like stunts and original action scenes (ie. not one of those guys who looks at a fight scene and goes "oh I get it, it's a fight. boring. next.") this one has some cool editing and individual moments that are great.
- Buster Keaton