Black Swan

Started by Astrostic, January 18, 2007, 11:01:36 PM

modage

JUST ANNOUNCED! Darren Aronofsky's BLACK SWAN Will Open On December 1st
The film starring Natalie Portman, Vincent Cassel and Mila Kunis will open in select theatres on December 1st and expand from there.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pas

Wow! Will this beat Inception as film of the year??? Looks awesome.

matt35mm

This looks really beautifully executed.  I'm still a little worried about the dance sequences, but I really dig the style (Aronofsky/Libatique is a hard team to beat for style).

It's probably going to be really effective at creeping people the fuck out.

72teeth

I wasnt ready for how Cronenberg-ian that would be, this looks great. and hot.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

picolas

i dunno. it's a lot like the wrestler trailer. or the never let me go trailer scream. too much intense emotion + not enough context. i still know this'll be amazing, i just don't think they'll do a good job marketing it.

children with angels

I want as close to zero context in my trailers as possible: I want to know the visual style, tone, mood, and a hint of narrative. This does that pretty damn well, so I'm happy.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Gamblour.

That last shot of her removing the whatever-the-fuck Brundel fly hair that was on her shoulder was very, yes Cronenberg, but also very much like Pi with the scar or Requiem with the needle wound on the arm. VERY EXCITED NOW. Could 2010 turn out ok?
WWPTAD?

john

Quote from: Pas on August 17, 2010, 04:36:11 PM
Wow! Will this beat Inception as film of the year???

Yes.

Along with ten other films.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Pas

Which? Haha first one that came to mind was Kick Ass but probably not what you mean haha.

john

ha! Your interpretation was miles better than my intention. Well done.

jtm

i'm sold.

aronofsky has yet to disappoint me.

i really think he's on his way to become one of the greats. just give him 20 years.

Stefen

This is tied for best poster/trailer combo with Let Me In.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

©brad

Faux lesbianism! Whip pans! Elegantly shot masturbation scenes! Honestly if Aronofsky's name wasn't on this I would have pegged it as a straight-to-premium-cable Single White Female ripoff with ballet but the premise is intriguing and it's Aronofsky so of course I'm in.

I am really trying to ween myself off trailers though. I just saw Winter's Bone without knowing anything about it (more on that later) and the experience was amazing, like tasting your first beer or popping your cheery all over again. How do you anti-trailer freaks do it? 

john

Quote from: ©brad on August 19, 2010, 11:25:41 AM
Faux lesbianism! Whip pans! Elegantly shot masturbation scenes! Honestly if Aronofsky's name wasn't on this I would have pegged it as a straight-to-premium-cable Single White Female ripoff with ballet but the premise is intriguing and it's Aronofsky so of course I'm in.

I agree to all of this. Every last word.

It's almost like something DePalma would do, but probably more like something Antonioni would do. So more Blow Up than Blow Out.

Which is fine, I guess... but Blow Out was really fucking fun. So here's hoping this will be a pretty good time, as well.