What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

Pubrick

actually my post closed the case when i proved banky just wanted to prolong the discussion for no reason other than being bored, and to ignore all the points made by everyone else.
under the paving stones.

Banky

NEON MERCURY

spoilers...are possible........

wel, finally i saw this and was dissapointed....i still think its a good film....but  it just seemed so "blah"...after the first to films they close it this way???!!!.......its stupid....and poeple thoguht return of the king was dissapointing..sh*t..not compared to this..as far as the story goes and the whole "theory, interpretations, anmalyzing"..of the whole matrix mystic ..i though the film was handeld well......its just there's nothing real cool or whatever like the first two films gave us...its seemed like they weren't even trying to measmurize us like th eother two did.....but there was some cool sh*t..mainly the lastrain battle between smith and neo......but thats really it..the robot batlle went on two long and got old..i'cve seen sh*t likie that before so i wasn't "awed"..like i should have been....on a side not .....the fake "vasques"  character in aliens..was cheap and annoying....and so blatantly ripped off...... after alls said and don eand when people look back on the trilogy..(like star wars) ....to quote xixaxian Banky:.."reloaded was the shit".....

i fell sorry for the hardcore fans for being let down.... :(

Raikus

Yeah, I pretty much agree with Neon's opinion.

The problem was the studio let the Wachowski Brothers off the leash. The first Matrix went through tons of rewrites and drafts that actually made it better than the Brother's first far-from-filmed draft. Their first draft was shallow and lacked insight. Which is mostly the problem with the final two movies. I have a feeling the studio let the Brothers just head into production with their first versions and what you get is an unjointed mess full of babble and half meanings that aren't refined.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

modage

i agree. and who'dve thought too much artistic control could be a bad thing?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

It generally takes quite a bit for me to say that a movie is bad--I like most of the films that I see (part of that is just choosing what to watch wisely).

I don't think that The Matrix Revolutions was a good film.  Reloaded was actually fine.  But this movie was not only a disappointment when compared to the first two; it was just plain blah.  I can't really say that it's an especially bad film.  But Every Damned Cliche of action movies was just stuck right into this movie.  Actually, it felt like every bad cliche.

You got that stupid, "You saved me, Neo" kid who seems to be good-hearted but mentally retarded.  The jerk general who dies but becomes nice to the kid while dying.  I... don't even want to list everything.

The obvious obvious comparison to Jesus was stupid.  It was plain stupid.  The action scenes were terribly boring--really one of the most boring action movies I've ever seen.  Trinity dying--stupid.  So textbook and unartful (close up of her in pain, then wide shot of... oh she's dead... but not before a long "I love you don't die" dialogue).

You will rarely see me criticize a film like this--I do try to see the good in most of the movies that I see.  But this film was really a piece of crap.

Insanely badly written dialogue...

Now, the philosophical aspect of the entire Matrix Trilogy has never been all that "deep."  It's a neat idea to attach an action movie onto, but nothing really more than that.

I joke that the worst part of this movie was that Monica Bellucci was in it for ONLY 2 minutes or so, and to some extent that's true, but... bleh.

My brain is sorta all over the place right now, so I can't really write out an organized argument against the movie, but I just wanna say: it was boring.  I'm rarely bored at the movies, and so when I do see something boring, I get kinda pissed.

NEON MERCURY

.....man, after reading that post...i think even less of revolutions...but i'm not that harsh on it ..i still would call it a "good" film..but its really nothing compared to the other two...which is a shame ...maybe time will tell w/ revolutions .b/c i'll be honest w/ you guys at first i didn't like reloaded....and lost my admiration for the matrix series...but now reloaded is phucking awesome..there is so much more to it...and the more i think about reloaded the more i get pissed b/c revolutions should be awesome also..but its not..the keyword to summing up revolutions is.."BLAH"...............

Ghostboy

Well, I still like it. I don't plan on watching it again any time soon (aside from maybe the siege on Zion, which I loved), but unlike Reloaded, my memories of it have stayed happy...

MacGuffin

Egypt cuts God lines from 'The Matrix'

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) — The final installment of "The Matrix" trilogy has made it past Egyptian censors with only minor cuts, the chief film censor said, noting it was an easier route to Egyptian theaters than the first two movies.

Madkour Thabit, head of the state-run censorship body responsible for audio and visual productions, told The Associated Press on Thursday that the focus of "The Matrix Revolutions" was different from the first two films.

"It depends on action and high technology ... without focusing on philosophic and religious meditations," he said.

Censors cut a shot of a topless girl at a nightclub party and two sentences in which the lead character, Neo, played by Keanu Reeves, proclaims himself both implicitly and explicitly as God, Thabit said.

The 15-member committee made up of film critics, professors, writers and psychologists accepted the movie last week. Trailers are now playing in most Egyptian movie theaters, he said.

"The Matrix Revolutions" is the final chapter in the Wachowski brothers' sci-fi trilogy. The movie opened in U.S. theaters last November.

The first film, "The Matrix," was shown in Egypt but was immediately criticized by some Islamic newspapers that claimed it espoused Zionism.

Censors banned the next installment, "The Matrix Reloaded," citing religious grounds. But distributors appealed the ban and the film was later allowed in movie theaters.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Quote from: MacGuffinEgypt cuts God lines from 'The Matrix'
We must ask Drencrom for his thoughts.

MacGuffin

More Matrix Box Set Details
Nine-disc set is in the works.

The Digital Bits has the news that a number of online retailers, including Australian's e-tailer EzyDVD, are listing a 9-disc The Matrix Trilogy DVD box set in Region 4, although there is no street date.

The set breaks down as three discs for The Matrix, three discs for The Matrix Reloaded, two discs for The Matrix Revolutions, and the Animatrix DVD.

Among the features are new HD transfers of the films, an extended version of Reloaded with an hour of additional footage and new documentaries, commentaries and other newly-created special edition content.

We've already noted that Eric Matthies Productions, a media production company in the Hollywood area, let the information out that it was working on the box set by boasting of it on its corporate Web site.

EMP said it is working on "over one dozen hours of new material for this upcoming collectors [sic] edition release. This expanded edition of discs will include detailed documentaries on the philosophy and science behind the Matrix scripts as well as a look at the history of action cinema. EMP is also creating a densely layered documentary package estimated at nine total hours using footage that has not been seen in the other Matrix releases."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

I'll definitely be getting this DVD set.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

mogwai

release date: december 6, 2004

Matrix Ultimate Collection 10 DVD Box Set - Contains The Following

The Matrix - With All-New Transfer & Audio Commentary

The Matrix Revisited – Original Version With Behind-The-Scenes Footage

Matrix Reloaded Extended Version – New Cut With 55 Minutes Of New Footage Inserted Back Into The Film

Matrix Reloaded Revisited – All New Interviews, Scene Dissections And More!

Matrix Revolutions – Original Cut With Audio Commentaries

Matrix Revolutions Revisited – A Host Of All-New Extras

The Animatrix

The Roots Of The Matrix – 3 Hours Of Features

The Burley Man Chronicles – The People Behind The Matrix Discuss Their Work

The Zion Archive – A Tour Of Matrix Design Concepts, Storyboards & Drawings

Also Contains 20-Page Soft Cover Matrix Booklet

The Matrix - New Special Features

All-New Transfer Supervised By The Wachowskis And Director Of Photography (DP), Bill Pope

Audio Commentary By Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, DP Bill Pope And Other Cast And Crew

The Matrix Revisited (180 Minutes) - Same Special Features As Previous Release

Offers Comprehensive Behind-The-Scenes Look At The First Film In The Trilogy.

Matrix Reloaded Extended Version (190 Minutes) - New Special Features

New Cut Incorporating 55 Minutes Of Footage Shot For The 'Enter The Matrix' Game

Audio Commentaries By Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Production Designer Owen Paterson, 2nd Unit Directors David Ellis And Kimble Rendall And Other Cast And Crew

Matrix Reloaded Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)

Includes All New Footage Including Dozens Of Never-Before-Seen Cast And Crew Interviews, Scene Dissections, Explorations Of The Production Design And Special Effects, And More

Matrix Revolutions - New Special Features

Audio Commentaries By Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Special Effects Supervisor, John Gaeta; editor, Zach Staenberg And Other Cast And Crew

Matrix Revolutions Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)

Includes All New Footage Including Dozens Of Never-Before-Seen Cast And Crew Interviews, Scene Dissections, Explorations Of The Production Design And Special Effects, And More

The Animatrix

Same Special Features As Previous Release

The Roots Of The Matrix - Special Features (180 Minutes)

The Matrix And The History Of The Action Genre - Examines The Many Influences Of Action Cinema That Make Up The Matrix

Brainiacs' Revenge - Scholars, Philosophers, Theorists, And Charlatans Deconstruct The Intellectual Underpinnings Of The Trilogy

The Science Behind The Fiction – Is The Notion Of A Real Matrix Plausible? An Investigation Of The Technologies That Inspire The Metaphor Of The Matrix

The Burley Man Chronicles - Special Features (75 Minutes)

The Burley Man Chronicles - The "Human" Story Of The Making Of The Matrix, As Well As The Game Enter the Matrix

Rave Reel- A Club-Oriented Montage Of Unused And Newly Edited Footage From Reloaded

Spoofs Of The Matrix -The "Best-Of" These Various Clips

The Zion Archive - Special Features

Zion Archive - Production Assets Developed For The Matrix Universe, Including Concept Artwork, Storyboards, Drawings, Etc

Basic ROM Features

source

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

picolas

Quote from: El Duderinothat's too much. how much is it?