What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

©brad

Quote from: Banky
I dont care about the money loss for WB but i just dont want to think the general public decides not to see Revolutions because its low box office.  But fuck WB.  There was almost no hype or build up for this.  The average person dosent even know its out.  With proper build up and timing it could have done a lot better.  Its a shame to because i think Revolutions is a lot better than Reloaded.  But when you think about it isnt that sad when you think "QT's 4th FILM" made a shit load less and isnt he "THE MOST INFLUENCIAL DIRECTOR OF OUR GENERATION?"

what pisses me off is that all anyone wants to talk about, be it the movie press or ppl in general, is how the movie is not making money. it's stupid.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ©basswhat pisses me off is that all anyone wants to talk about, be it the movie press or ppl in general, is how the movie is not making money. it's stupid.

Exactly, and this reminds me of the end of Decade Under the Influence, where they talk about Star Wars making the media shift to box office reporting.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Weak2ndActMatrix in theatre
Matrix dvd
Revisited dvd
Reloaded in theatre
Reloaded dvd
Revolutions in theater
Animatrix
Soundtracks all cds
Art of the Matrix book

I did/have all these, plus I have a Matrix poster, the N2 Toys action figures and the complete McFarlane Toys series 1 figures. Series 2 is just about to be released.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Weak2ndActMatrix in theatre
Matrix dvd
Revisited dvd
Reloaded in theatre
Reloaded dvd
Revolutions in theater
Animatrix
Soundtracks all cds
Art of the Matrix book

I did/have all these, plus I have a Matrix poster, the N2 Toys action figures and the complete McFarlane Toys series 1 figures. Series 2 is just about to be released.
Wow, I couldn't bring myself to buy the toys for some reason when they came out.  The pics for series 2 look pretty neat.

I wish I had the set of all 8 Reloaded posters.  But I do have the original theatrical and the '05.15 - Free your mind' poster.  And a couple Animatrix t-shirts I snagged at a promo screening  8) --there should be a 'nerd' emoticon, I certainly deserve that.

The strange thing is-- I'm not even like a compleatist or anything, I don't ever get this bonkos about anything, and am not a sci-fi guy.  But for some reason, The Matrix makes me lose all sense of self-control.

shash

people said it had no story....storyline sux....things like that~
but when i saw it, i thought it was great!
since i major in 3D animation and visual effect in college, i was really touched by all the effects in the movie...i was stunned.  every scene was just beautiful and perfect!
people who said the movie sux didn't know to apprciate the hard-work of all the visual artists.
i even heard people laughing during the serious scenes.....so retarded...
are you one of them who laughed?

modage

i went to school for animation too, and while i appreciate well done effects in movies, they dont make up for lack of storytelling.  effects will enhance a story but they dont replace it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Personally, I thought Revolutions was terrible (and I loved The Matrix and liked Reloaded.) First off, I understand Revolutions is essentially a direct continuation of Reloaded, but couldn't they have come up with a better opening to the film? I had sat through the previews, saw the opening credits, yet still felt as if I had walked in late and missed the beginning of the film (it's hard to explain.) Secondly, the robotech shit is cool...just not for this series. I relied on the Matrix series for a blend of martial arts and acrobatics in gritty yet beautiful settings....not spaceships and robots in tunnels (again, hard to explain.) If I wanted to see that crap I'd watch Star Wars (BTW, Skywalker loses a hand, Neo loses his eyesight...discuss among yourselves.) Thirdly, the lady who played the oracle died in real life. With all due respect, they could have just replaced her without having to explain why there is a different woman playing the oracle. It's a movie...we get it...I dont think any of us were going to yell out "hey..that's not the fuckin' oracle!" Fourthly...trinity's death scene was way too long. Somebody actually yelled out "Die Already!" in the theatre and everyone in there started laughing cuz we were all thinking the same thing. Lastly...they became a bit too technical for their own good. We all know the Matrix was a sci-fi version of the story of Christ...why didn't they just stick to that premise: Neo having to sacrifice himself, being ressurected, and then sitting at the right hand of the father (the architect) all for the sake of man. The simplest solution is usually correct, and I think they needlessly got complicated. Overall, I hated this fuckin' film. The final fight between Neo and Agent Smith being the only highlight for me. I actually HOPE they make a 4th film, just for the chance of making up for the cluster F that was part 3. This is all MY OPINION, and I'm happy for those of you who enjoyed it since you didn't waste your time and money like me.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I got about halfway through your post, and I agreed with some of it...

but your avatar is so damned hypnotic!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Cathartic Cleansing

I hate to admit it but I just now saw the movie. I haven't been on the forum cuz I didn't want to read the spoilers. So I'm sure someone has touched on this already...

I didn't give a s%#t about Morphious, Trinity or Neo. The only characters I cared about were the people fighting for Zion, and the Indian fam in the subway.  They were the only ones who showed any emotion. Most of the "machines" seemed more human than the humans did. Monica, The Indian Fam, The Marolvician, even the Oracle (sp) they all had character. All the main people were just way too distant and cold (no emotion). It would have been much better if the characters got hurt more and if you saw them have pain. or just do those little thing friends do that let you know they care  about each other. Neo and Trinity never seemed in love at all, yet it was geared as if there love was a strong story point. I liked the story itself for the most part. I just didn't care if the characters lived or died. I liked the intellect of the story as well, just needed more feeling.
If you sit and believe, you can acheive
If you sit and accept, you don't know, what's correct
or incorrect-- KRS-ONE

Kal

Quote from: Cathartic CleansingI hate to admit it but I just now saw the movie. I haven't been on the forum cuz I didn't want to read the spoilers. So I'm sure someone has touched on this already...

I didn't give a s%#t about Morphious, Trinity or Neo. The only characters I cared about were the people fighting for Zion, and the Indian fam in the subway.  They were the only ones who showed any emotion. Most of the "machines" seemed more human than the humans did. Monica, The Indian Fam, The Marolvician, even the Oracle (sp) they all had character. All the main people were just way too distant and cold (no emotion). It would have been much better if the characters got hurt more and if you saw them have pain. or just do those little thing friends do that let you know they care  about each other. Neo and Trinity never seemed in love at all, yet it was geared as if there love was a strong story point. I liked the story itself for the most part. I just didn't care if the characters lived or died. I liked the intellect of the story as well, just needed more feeling.

dont agree on any of that... but well...

MacGuffin

Quote from: Cathartic CleansingNeo and Trinity never seemed in love at all, yet it was geared as if there love was a strong story point.

I thought their love for one another was very well established in "Reloaded", and their hug and kiss when they reunite at Mobil Ave. reassured it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

yes hints

THE REASON FOR THE LOVE SCENE IN RELOADED

Kal

Cant believe how bad they're now doing at the box office... bad critics really killed them... Elf is making more money... and even Scary Movie 3 has made the same amount of money than Matrix...

Stupid critics... stupid people that didnt understand the film... bah

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

You know, I never, in any of the movies, felt an iota of chemistry between Neo and Trinity. I just accepted it and suspended my disbelief, since so much of the movies is actually riding on the love story.

The character in Zion were definitely my favorites in Revolutions...the whole siege and the focus on them during it was why I loved it. And I was glad the movie turned away from the martial arts in this one...we got plenty of that in Reloaded.